Or this post could simply be entitled, Busy Days.
So, two weeks ago, I was away from home all week, then last week I was practically not home because of my rush to edit my friend's photos, and now this week I've been gone a lot again. This is actually the first afternoon I've been home all week. Not that that's a bad thing. I enjoy being busy with a full schedule, but I also enjoy when my life slows down, and I have more time to reflect, or in this case, blog. ;)
Monday and Tuesday I got to spend a lot of time with my biological father, Jonathan. He lives about 4 hours away, but he came down here for vacation. We went bowling, sightseeing at places called Acadian Village and Jean LaFitte Park (both tell of the Cajun history, and I'd never been to either), and finished Tuesday at the Kart Ranch, riding go karts in the pouring rain, then playing putt-putt golf.
Here's a few pictures I took with my iPhone (sadly, my camera hasn't been fixed yet.)
I love this little village so much. It gave so much information on the Acadian's (or now referred to as Cajuns) past, which is something I always enjoy learning about. The little church especially took my heart, along with the uniquely built Acadian houses all around it.
| (Ford tee- Walmart (men's section), jean skirt- really old, black lace converse- Walmart, jewelry- made by me) |
I knew we'd be doing a lot of walking and possible go kart riding, so I tried to go with cute, sporty, and practical. I'm always nervous about the go karts, the seat belt buckles between your legs, and with zooming around I'm always afraid of my skirt flying up, so I wore tights under my skirt. I didn't want to wear a more straight down skirt, because I would've had to pull it up a little to buckle. Not so ladylike. Plus the worker, usually a young guy, has to check and make sure you're strapped in safely, which can sometimes be very awkward. Thankfully, this outfit proved to be the least awkward of any I've tried. Experimenting works, folks! ;)
| (Aztec top and white bubble necklace- Cato, skirt- Goodwill, flipflops and leaf earrings- Walmart) |
I had this outfit planned since I got the shirt a few weeks ago. I knew I wanted to go with a more boho feel, and I think I achieved that. Putting the necklace with the top was actually an accident. I got them both at the same time, and when I was putting my stuff up I realized how good they looked together! I wore this for me and my bestie's shopping trip on Wednesday. We went to Goodwill first, and ended up not going anywhere else! Normally, I can't stand to spend 2 hours in a store, but every time I turned around, I found more stuff! It took us a while to try on, and narrow down what we were going to get. That store had a wealth of hidden treasures, but I only had so much money. ;)
First up, a New Orleans Saints pillow pet! They had them in the store for $30 (which I was NOT gonna spend on a pillow pet), but I found this one in really great condition for $5! I was like, "Oh yeah, you are so mine." ;)
| shoes 2 for $6 |
| $4.50 |
| $4.50 |
The grey sweater is soft and comfortable without being baggy, tight, or lumpy, and the perfect palette for a wide variety of styling. Perfect qualifications for a sweater. I also got a jean skirt, but it's in the dryer. :)
Sometimes, you just need fun socks, you know? They can be the bright side of a rainy or severely cold day.
As sad as it is, Megan and I did not take a selfie during our day out. Sad right? I think we're kinda stuck between the older generation and the teen generation that takes a selfie every hour of the day. However she did make this sweet card for me that is now on my wall. She's a red head, and I'm a brunette. The picture and caption perfectly describes us. :)
When we got back to her house we ate dinner, then watched the Christmas Card (my movie contribution), then God's not Dead. I'll say that I was pleasantly surprised by that movie. I really hadn't had high expectations for it, but I was gladly proved wrong.
Oh, and God's not dead. :)
My favorite music group is the Piano Guys, and they now have a tee on their website! I'd love to have one. :)
And lastly, a selfie I took while waiting for Megan to get to my house. Still learning how to edit my iPhone pics the way I want.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment