My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Today......

Today I am typing in comfy, not necessarily flattering clothes....

drinking my second cup of coffee (this morning) out of my Scooby Doo mug I've had forever...

Thinking about the awesome stuff I learned in my Bible College today (yes, it's Saturday, but I love my college work that much)  and the information I can (almost) grasp in my music theory book.....

Smelling my wonderful new candle burning called "Walk in the Woods" which is something I'd LOVE to be doing right now....

Watching the sky out my window getting ready to weep again like it has almost every day for the past three weeks......

Listening to my favorite instrumental cd.......

Thinking about my non-busy schedule for the day, which is:

1. ironing my skirt for church tomorrow

2. maybe working on some posts for the future using a list of post ideas I found from a while back

3. painting my finger nails a soft mauve color 

4. reading a new interesting book

5. cooking hamburgers for dinner

Usually I dislike non-busy days, but today, I'm thankful for it. I'm ready to slow down, have the time to just think and meditate, and not worry. 

Not worry about tomorrow. 

Not worry about what I have to do next.

Not worry about making a deadline, or a busy schedule. 

Not even worry about using perfect grammar, or complete sentences in this post. 

Before I end this random post, I have something to tell ya'll. I have begun to read my first Jane Austen book. When I got my Kindle, I downloaded "Pride and Prejudice," "Emma," and  "Northanger-Abbey." I've heard so much about them, so I've been curious. But I wasn't sure that they would keep my interest. I am now on chapter 7 of "Pride and Prejudice", and I'm amazed by how interested I am. The characters are alive, and entertaining. The Old English way of speaking is beautiful. And so far, my favorite characters are Mr. Bennett (who seriously cracks me up) and Lizzy. Mr. Darcy is a very interesting character, in the way that there's depth. You don't know all about him the first time you meet him, like Mr. Bingley. Mr. Darcy is an intriguing mystery. I like when you learn more about a character as the book goes along. I tried watching the movie, but I found it confusing. So I'll let ya'll know what I think when I finish the book. I may even do a book review. 

What's your favorite Jane Austen book? 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day!(:
    My favorite (one of my favorite) Jane Austen books is "Persuasion"--it was the second book of hers that I read, and I loved the characters! Ooh, and if you can ever get your hands on the BBC miniseries of Pride and Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle), that ones absolutely lovely...six hours long and I HAD to finish it in two days, I was so hooked.(:

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it didn't turn out as relaxing as I expected, but that's ok. ;) I'm gonna have to try Persuasion. Wow! I watched the shorter version, and I think the reason why I didn't understand much was because I was the only one interested in the movie.

      Delete
  2. I started reading Pride and Prejudice but didn't finish it. I like the movie though! Do let us know what you think of it when you're finished. What are you studying in Bible collage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely do a review when I'm done! It's very interesting. :) For Bible College, I'm simply studying Bible. Right now I'm on Bible doctrines, which has been very interesting. Before that I learned a lot of history on the translating of the Bible.

      Delete
  3. Hey! I love your blog!!!!! Could you do some posts on outfits you've been wearing this summer? I really like your sense of style its so classy!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Kayla! I took your advice, and I'm planning a few outfit posts coming up. Thank you about my style! I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete