My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Color Combo Crush

Mint + Yellow = ❤

For so long I've had a ton of mint in my wardrobe. Mint lace skirt, 4 or 5 mint tops, a sweater, earrings, necklaces, scarves, and even a purse. But as some of you know, I just got into yellow this year.Thankfully, I now have a little bit of yellow in my closet. Then, I saw this picture again on Pinterest. I had seen it before, even pinned it, but I thought it would never work for me, because I thought I couldn't wear yellow. Well, I was wrong. I just can't wear an abundance of it near my face. Skirts, scarves, even jewelry is ok. I can wear a yellow top, but it has to be broken up with other colors or stripes. 

Stripes and floral

Like this. 

Turquoise & yellow.

And since then, I've seen several inspirations and ways to mix match these awesome colors. 

mint and yellow

Spring mint and yellow
Mint and Yellow
mint and yellow


Mint and Yellow

"Untitled #302" by erin816 ❤ liked on Polyvore

mint and yellow

I have a mint sweater similar to this. 

W'O W . . . <3 Color, trendy mint and yellow, and a modern pattern...AND modest

And this is my adaptation of the outfit. 


So now I absolutely love this color combo. I can see other ways to style it, like with camel.

Mint, yellow and camel

I can wear my camel boots and swap the yellow necklace for my yellow and white stripe scarf come this Autumn. I can wear them with coral or navy to create a different look. 

The thing I'm learning about colors is that no color is technically impossible for any person. But the shades of that color is what matters, and what changes what works for each individual person. 

What do you think of mint and yellow? Would you try it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment