Ok, the confession's gonna come first.
Confession: I have not worked on my book since probably December.
Part of it has been that I've been so busy with my jewelry and homeschooling my brother. Part of it was whenever I did have time, I simply chose to do something else.
My book is at this moment at 11,261 words, and is at the beginning of chapter 4. I have plans for it turning into a trilogy.
But, I think I'm ready to begin writing again. I had tried to put a time limit on myself, but I was so afraid of writing when I wasn't inspired that I would just be writing, and not creating the story.
Would you like to hear a little bit about the story?
I had a title, but I believe I'm going to change it. So until I do, I won't share the title just yet. ;)
The setting is in medieval times, with castles, knights, and dragons.
The main lady character is Penelope. I googled pictures with her description, and this was the closest I could find.
(disclaimer: I don't know any of these people, or anything about their lives or acting careers. I only wanted pictures to go with my characters.)
She has black hair to her knees, light blue eyes and fair skin.
The main male character is Milo. I'm kinda stuck between 2 pictures for him. I'll have to consult with my advisor. ;)
This picture shows the charm, strength, and blonde hair and blue eyes, but Milo is 19.
This guy looks younger, so he might work.
I think this guy would make a good Calvin, Milo's younger brother. He's not athletic like his older brother. He's quieter and enjoys reading and science. He has brown hair and green eyes. Although this guy has blue eyes,(they do look photo shopped)I think he fits Calvin's character well.
Well, that's all the info I'm gonna give ya'll on my book for now. I might one day put a little excerpt from my book, if ya'll would be interested.



Your book sounds right up my alley.(: I love medieval books with dragons and knights! I wrote my own once, but that story was put aside for my "baby," a historical fantasy. Now that one is finished and needs editing...one of these days!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, you should definitely post an excerpt! I'd love to read it!
~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com
Good! :D I love many time periods, but I'll admit medieval times is one of my favorites. I'd love to read yours one day. :)I will be posting an excerpt soon, it just to pick one! There's so many scenes that I love already. Thanks for the encouragement! :)
ReplyDeleteHi! I found your blog via Julia's blog tonight...I echoed your comment about missing her blog posts, so I figured I had to pop over and read more about this new kindred spirit.
ReplyDeleteAnd you had the Pride and Prejudice song playing. That's it. We're gonna be friends!
Then I read that you're a writer. With a main character named Penelope. *swoon* Fast friends.
In Him,
Rachelle
Oh, and I forgot to say that medieval times are one of *my* favorites and that I would adore reading an excerpt of your book. :)
ReplyDelete