My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Autumn's Coming! (eventually)

As many of my readers know, I live in Louisiana. And let me tell you, it's hot. So, while Autumn may technically start in September, we'll be lucky to get cooler weather come October. However, it doesn't stop me from dreaming of my favorite season. :) 

If you've read my blog for the past years, you probably know about my yearly, "dreaming of Autumn" posts. They usually happen around this time, even sometimes as early as the end of July. 

Some of my favorite things include lighting candles, blankets, opening windows, the cool, crisp air, leaves falling, and all the pumpkin flavored things. ;) 

But I especially love pulling out the jackets, sweaters, longsleeves, boots, and scarves that I get to wear at this time of year. Also, the deep red, purple, dark green, orange, and mustard yellow colors. 

So here's a few polyvore sets I made this morning with some of my favorite Autumn accessories. 

"scarves" by pawpawsgirl92 on Polyvore

The first transitional piece from summer to fall is the scarf. You can use summery colors or autumn colors with light, cool scarves. There are so many ways to wear them, so many colors, and so many patterns! 

"hoodies" by pawpawsgirl92 on Polyvore

I've always been more of a jacket girl, and haven't really liked hoodies in years. But this year I've become obsessed with them! Once again, so may colors, styles, and patterns. Do you like printed or solid? Zip up or pull over? Cropped or regular length? Bearing graphic design or a sports company symbol? They can be so much fun, and let's face it, they're so wonderful to snuggle up in and feel cozy. :) 

"leather jackets" by pawpawsgirl92 on Polyvore

When it gets a little cooler, it's time to break out the leather jackets. I love how they've been coming out in a variety of colors lately! I love them all, but the red, cobalt, and burgundy colors are my favorite. 

So, in other, news, this morning was my fourth day getting up early, and going for a 30 minute walk/jog! It feels great, although I still can't stand getting up in the morning. But getting out of bed is the hard part. Once I've dressed, exercised, taken a shower, and pour my coffee I feel completely rejuvenated and ready to take on the day. :) 

So are you excited about Autumn coming? Or are you trying to hang on to summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment