My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Friday, July 4, 2014

I guess a sort of hair tutorial?

I've never, ever done a hair tutorial, but one of my sweet followers requested it, so I'll try my best. 

You saw this picture in my last post.


I got curling rods yesterday, and tried them for the first time today.

Warning: Coming up are some really and I mean REALLY not good pictures of me. ;) 


Considering I'm not good enough to be able to roll these into my hair and take pictures at the same time, I'm afraid you'll just have to see how they look all in. 

It came with 8 big rods and 12 little rods. I used 6 of the big rods, three on each side, and that worked out great for my hair. 

Second warning of this post: If your family has never seen you in curlers, you may have to suffer being called Princess Lea the whole time the rods are in, like I did. ;) 

So first I washed my hair, conditioned, and lightly towel dried it. Then, I added some leave in hair defrizzer.

(This is the kind I use) 

I used the blowdryer on cool for a little while, but then ended up just letting it air dry. When I took out the rods, it was still pretty wet, so I might need to do things a little differently next time. 

Right before we left, which was a couple hours, I took the rods out. Putting them in and taking them out were super easy which is a huge plus for me. I've never been able to use a curling iron or curlers very well. It probably took me less than three minutes to put them in.


This is what it looked like when I first took them out. I had some weird sideways curls near the front, so I think next time I'm not going to roll those all the way up.


I clipped the front back on either side and liked it much better. I quickly hair sprayed it all and ran out the door.

Five hours later, after being in the heat, humidity, and getting lots of hugs from people, my hair looked like this.


Not too bad, considering. ;) 


So, in case you didn't know, these are my new best friends. :) 

Simple. Light. Comfortable. Easy to travel with. 


And here's the whole process in one collage. They suggest curving the rods into a C shape for best results and to keep it securely in your hair. Although I wouldn't recommend putting the ones by your face the way I did, for before mentioned weird sideways curl. 

Here's an example on another way to use these. 

..I need these!
link


Have you ever tried these before? What's your favorite ways or tools for styling your hair? 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post! I'll have to try them! :)

    ReplyDelete