My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Friday, July 4, 2014

Outfit Post


I've taken a few outfit pictures over the past couple of months. Not as many as I would've liked to, but as I said before, I've been really busy. So here are just a few of my outfits. 


(top and belt-given to me, skirt- $10 at Berks, jewelry- made by me, shoes-$5 Cato)

As you can see, this outfit was inspired by an outfit I saw on Pinterest. I really liked the cream and grey colors together, with the dash of turquoise to bring it together and give it some life.

Lately, I've been so busy that I've gotten lazy about dressing up. Frankly, I mostly want comfortable. So I've pretty much been living in tee shirts, jean skirts, and flip flops. I've even been getting dressier flip flops so I could wear them to church. At this point, I'm just sad. ;)





\
Here's some of the tee shirts I've been getting and wearing. (out of the guys section. Don't judge. They're REALLY soft.) ;) 

I guess it's just a phase I'm going through. Anyone else gone through this? 


I wore this outfit this past Wednesday night, and ended up getting a lot of compliments. I got the shirt probably two years ago, and hadn't even worn it this year yet. And you can see of course, flip flops. ;) 

(flag tee- $4 Walmart, skirt-Goodwill, necklace and earrings- made by me, bracelet-made by a friend, flip flops- Target)

And here is today's outfit! I was so comfortable in it, and I actually made an effort on my hair, big surprise these days. The top knot has been my go to hairstyle as of late. More about my hairstyle in the next post. While shopping for a patriotic tee, I liked how this one was grey. It kinda broke up the only red, white and blue, you know? And made it extra casual. I wore this to a fish fry at the church in Abbeville. 

Yesterday, I was shopping with my family, and really, really liked this little bag at Payless. It was on clearance for $8, but when I got to the register it rang up as $6! I was perfectly ok with that. ;) 

The curling rods were something I've been wanting to try. There'll be more about that in the next post. 

So what kind of outfits have you been wearing lately? Have you noticed your style changing? Is there anything in particular you'd like me to write a post about? 

1 comment:

  1. Love it all, love it all, LOVE IT ALL. Good gracious. I have missed your posts so much!!!! That first outfit is GORGEOUS! And I know about guys t-shirts. I have some that were given to my brother, but he gave them to me because he didn't like them. AND GOODNESS. Are they perfect. I've been really lazy with my outfits in the summer heat, but experimenting a bit on my hair. I actually curled it for church today, which is pretty much a once a year thing. ;)

    Anyway, love this post. DON"T LEAVE ME AGAIN. ;)

    ~jaime

    ReplyDelete