My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Monday, July 7, 2014

The old and the new- outfit post

tee and necklace-gift, flipflops- $2 Walmart, jean skirt- $4 Goodwill, bracelet- $1 at the zoo in Florida.)

I'm trying to get better about taking pictures of my outfits. This was my traveling outfit for Saturday. Extremely casual and comfortable. No makeup, although I did use my curling rods again. I tried to make looser curls. One side came out ok, but the other side was too curly. I'm just experimenting with them until I get it right. :) I love this new tee my mom found for me. 

necklace, earrings, skirt, flipflops- gift, green tee and dot undershirt- Walmart. 

And here's today's outfit. I went grocery shopping and it seemed extra hot today, so I went for, you guessed, it, cool and comfortable. With an exception for the purse, I've had everything else for a long time. But I haven't worn any of it in a while, and never all together. The skirt can be casual or dressed up, but I usually use it as my casual black skirt, and leave my other black skirts for dressier outfits. The necklace was a little dressier than I normally wear to Walmart, but it was the most casual gold necklace I have. I really would like to get a gold monogram necklace one day. 



My hair went into my favorite summer hairstyle, a nice cool, out-of-my-way top knot. It's an especially good hairstyle for third day hair. ;) I've learned to spray my hands with hairspray then smooth them over my hair to keep down all the little hairs that seem to pop up. It's been a really handy trick. 

I'd like to try a series, if I have the time, recreating Pinterest outfits with stuff in my closet. Maybe it would inspire my readers, as well as myself,  with new ways to wear our clothes. What do you think? 

1 comment:

  1. Cute and casual is my favorite. =) I honestly don't know what I would do without jean skirts and flip flops. hehe And I think that sounds like a GREAT series! I say yes! =)

    ~jaime

    p.s. I awarded you at my blog! http://diligentlywaiting.blogspot.com/2014/07/extremely-late-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete