My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sunny Yellow

For quite a few years now, I've said that the only color I didn't like was yellow. Due to the yellowish tint to my skin, it usually made me look sick if I tried to wear it. Then I tried mustard yellow, and amazingly, it looked fine! So It's been a lil over a year now since I discovered Mustard yellow, but I still said I didn't like bright or light yellow. I like it on other people, I just felt like I couldn't wear it. Well, maybe because of all the rainy/cloudy/icy weather and lack of seeing the sun, I've really started to yearn for yellow. The two days that the sun came out I was outside nearly nonstop, trying to soak in the beautiful warmth of the sun. But now that it's back under it's thick blanket of clouds, I find myself craving yellow.

Love the yellow and gray combo!

love!

Love :)
LOLO Moda: Stylish women fashion 2013 love the style
Stripes and floral
(my favorite!) 

.
.
yellow, grey, & white

Mint + Yellow = ❤

Yellow

So I think I'm going to give yellow another try. Maybe if I keep the yellow away from my face, like a skirt or shoes. Or maybe if the yellow is broken up, like that yellow and white striped top. Or maybe in small portions like a yellow necklace, or a scarf with yellow and other colors. I really like the yellow and grey, yellow and navy, yellow and burgundy, yellow and black and white, and even the yellow and mint mixes. I'll try a little bit at a time, to see what works for me.

On a side note, a friend and I are going to try to host a clothing swap this Friday. Maybe I'll be able to find a few yellow items! :) 

Has there ever been a color you thought you couldn't wear? 

1 comment:

  1. It will be fun to see what you try with yellow! :) Those are lovely inspiration outfits.There isn't really any color I've ever felt like I just could not wear, which is probably because I'm usually drawn to those that already in my palette. I think yellow is a tricky color for me too though, because I'm so pale, so has to be the correct shade. :)

    ReplyDelete