Ok, this last week I got to do something I haven't been able to do in quite a while. Shop! And the Lord blessed me with some amazing finds, even some that were paid for by someone else. ;)
This red jean (feels like soft cotton) skirt for instance, cost me nothing. A friend and I both wore a skirt that the other liked, so we swapped! She liked an orange skirt I was wearing, and I had two orange skirts. I've been looking for colored jean skirts (it seems like) forever, so I was more than happy to trade. I know it flairs, but it goes down pretty flat when you're standing still, and looks great with a more fitted top. I can't wait to find new ways to style it!
 |
| Cato Fashions $7 |
 |
| Cato $7 |
 |
| Cato $3 |
I do a lot around the house, so sometimes my mom will get me something in appreciation. The other day when we were at Cato, she got me these two scarves, and I paid for the mint lace sweatshirt. The top is in a laid back sweatshirt style, while the lace makes it more dressy, which makes it easy to dress it up or down.
 |
| Walmart $3 |
 |
| Walmart $3 |
 |
| Walmart $2 each |
 |
| Walmart $5 |
 |
| Walmart $5 |
All of these are things I can see myself styling many different ways for any time of the year (Well, the grey will proly be put up for summer). I wore the grey shirt when we went out with some friends Friday night with a red, black, and grey leopard scarf. The aqua tee I wore with a long sleeve white tee underneath and the zebra scarf on Saturday. Sunday I wore the lace top with a wine chiffon maxi skirt and gold heart dangle earrings. The grey and pink plaid top I plan to wear for my friend's bridal shower tomorrow night, with a jean skirt, cowgirl boots, and a pearl necklace and earrings. I've never been very fond of polka dots, but at $2 I figured I'd give this scarf a try. I can already see so many possibilities!
 |
| Walmart $2 each |
Saturday we were at Walmart, and my dad saw me looking at these. I wear undershirts almost all the time, so I've been wanting to get some different colors for more options. So without me asking, he let me get them! :)
Then this morning my mom woke me up by dropping a Walmart bag on me. Inside it was the peach version of my ivory lace top! I've been seeing a lot of different ways to style peach, especially with mint, which I have a lot of. I hadn't told anyone that I wanted something peach, but the Lord blessed me with my inner desire, really just an offhanded thought, but He showed me once again that He's paying attention to me. I'm so blessed with the wonderful Heavenly Father and thoughtful family I have. No, my family is not perfect, but I love them anyway. All the items in this post (with maybe the exception of the pink and grey plaid) are very versatile, which is something I've really been keeping an eye out for things in my closet.
So what do you look for when you shop?
Oooh, great finds! :) The lace blouses are so pretty. It's so neat how you were blessed through your parents' generosity. :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I go shopping I usually have something specific in mind, like "low-heeled brown boots". When I buy blouses and skirts I try to find things that will go well with what I already have, but lately have been bolder with colors and patterns, getting creative with how to make them work.