No, I don't have any particular reason for celebrating Valentines Day, but I enjoy dressing up for it anyway. I made some sets on Polyvore to show some ideas or maybe even inspire what one of my readers could wear for Valentines, especially if you have a very special reason to. ;)
Shabby Chic and Classic Cutie by pawpawsgirl92 featuring Royal Albert
The first outfit is a less traditional (as far as Valentine's goes), springy, more vintage look. Depending on your style, you can wear the boots for a younger, old-fashioned style, or the pale pink wedges for a more modern look. The second outfit is for the monochromatic, super girly, romantic dreamer. If you can picture yourself being proposed to in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris on Valentine's Day by your Prince Charming, this outfit may be for you. Depending on when and where you're at, you can wear the scarf and flats for a more casual event, or the necklace and pumps for a formal one. (I would prefer if both of these dresses were longer, but I do like the color, texture, and overall style of them.)
The first outfit is a less traditional (as far as Valentine's goes), springy, more vintage look. Depending on your style, you can wear the boots for a younger, old-fashioned style, or the pale pink wedges for a more modern look. The second outfit is for the monochromatic, super girly, romantic dreamer. If you can picture yourself being proposed to in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris on Valentine's Day by your Prince Charming, this outfit may be for you. Depending on when and where you're at, you can wear the scarf and flats for a more casual event, or the necklace and pumps for a formal one. (I would prefer if both of these dresses were longer, but I do like the color, texture, and overall style of them.)
Valentine-red and black by pawpawsgirl92 featuring a vintage black cocktail dress
These red and black options are either more subdued or more bold than the previous set, depending on your opinion. Personally, I'd be more comfortable in a black lace dress (a longer one), or this red dress than the brighter, more eye catching lighter colors. I'm a good bit of a wallflower, and not too crazy about drawing attention to myself. Although I like the first set, I'm very in love with this one. It's just a lot more my style. The soft long curls would look great with either outfit. In the first outfit, the bracelet could be removed and the earrings changed to silver hoops to make it more casual. I would prefer if the rose were a bit more to one side in the second outfit. I want/need a black lace dress so bad. I might start thinking again about making one.
These red and black options are either more subdued or more bold than the previous set, depending on your opinion. Personally, I'd be more comfortable in a black lace dress (a longer one), or this red dress than the brighter, more eye catching lighter colors. I'm a good bit of a wallflower, and not too crazy about drawing attention to myself. Although I like the first set, I'm very in love with this one. It's just a lot more my style. The soft long curls would look great with either outfit. In the first outfit, the bracelet could be removed and the earrings changed to silver hoops to make it more casual. I would prefer if the rose were a bit more to one side in the second outfit. I want/need a black lace dress so bad. I might start thinking again about making one.
romantic and whimsical by pawpawsgirl92 featuring dangle earrings
And if you're not so into the traditional Valentine colors, why not try a lace dress in this lovely cobalt blue? With just a hint of Valentine in the romantic, classic red nails and lips with the soft curls, bow shoes, and pearl or locket necklace?
And if you're not so into the traditional Valentine colors, why not try a lace dress in this lovely cobalt blue? With just a hint of Valentine in the romantic, classic red nails and lips with the soft curls, bow shoes, and pearl or locket necklace?
Valentine fancy by pawpawsgirl92 featuring stud earrings
Maybe you're not going anywhere special on that day, but you'd still like to incorporate something into your outfit for Valentine's, How about this simple, oxblood pencil skirt, glittery sweatshirt, pink heart earrings, and sweet, black ballet flats?
Maybe you're not going anywhere special on that day, but you'd still like to incorporate something into your outfit for Valentine's, How about this simple, oxblood pencil skirt, glittery sweatshirt, pink heart earrings, and sweet, black ballet flats?
Comfy by pawpawsgirl92 featuring a striped shirt
Even though I'm posting all these sophisticated, elegant outfits, the outfit above is more similar to what I'm wearing right now. An old jean skirt, a roomy flannel plaid shirt, and slippers. Actually, two pairs of socks and slippers. It's 25 degrees outside and feels like 12 degrees. It's been sleeting all day, and let me say we are NOT used to this in south Louisiana. Please pray for us Cajuns as we deal with these weather conditions we're not used to, and the ones like my dad who still have to go to work.
Even though I'm posting all these sophisticated, elegant outfits, the outfit above is more similar to what I'm wearing right now. An old jean skirt, a roomy flannel plaid shirt, and slippers. Actually, two pairs of socks and slippers. It's 25 degrees outside and feels like 12 degrees. It's been sleeting all day, and let me say we are NOT used to this in south Louisiana. Please pray for us Cajuns as we deal with these weather conditions we're not used to, and the ones like my dad who still have to go to work.





No comments:
Post a Comment