My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Natural Beauty Goals of 2014

Happy New Year! 

I've been making a lot of plans and goals lately, especially natural beauty related. I've been using coconut oil as my makeup remover, and I must say, I'll never use anything else again. It takes mascara off like it's nothing! I'm afraid I've slacked off quite a bit in my natural remedy experiments, due to how busy I've been over the past couple of months. But I'd like to establish some goals for myself, and see how many I've accomplished by the end of the year. 

Well, here goes!

1. A Healthy body 

I've said it before, I know. I've pretty much come to accept my body for what it is. I'm not trying to, "get skinny" like so many others are planning to try this month. But I do want to build healthier habits. I want to get in the habit of either going for a walk every day or doing some exercises in my room. Use my stretchy band to work out my arms. Drink tons of water. Eat smaller portions. Develop better posture. Those are my goals for a healthier body for this year.

2. Healthy hair

Love the cut and color

My hair is about this long right now. Thanks to Biotin, it's growing faster than I think it ever has. My hair is also longer than it's been in 3 or 4 years. I always want to grow my hair out long, but then get impatient and cut it. This time, I'm determined to grow it to the length I want.

I want my hair to look like this. Gotta grow it out!

This is my dream length. My hair is about this color too. I'm trying to keep my hair healthier also. Washing it less with shampoo, doing coconut hair masks and mayo hair masks. I still haven't found a good replacement for regular shampoo that works for me, but I'm still trying. 

3. Healthy teeth

Put a tiny bit of toothpaste into a small cup, mix in one teaspoon baking soda + one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and half a teaspoon water. Thoroughly mix then brush your teeth for two minutes. Remember to do it once a week until you have reached the results you want.
link
"Put a tiny bit of toothpaste into a small cup, mix in one teaspoon baking soda + one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and half a teaspoon water. Thoroughly mix then brush your teeth for two minutes. Remember to do it once a week until you have reached the results you want."

Being a big tea and coffee drinker, I have stained teeth. I've done this a few times, and it does truly work wonders. I just need to get back in the habit.

4. Healthy face



Using coconut oil to re-hydrate skin.

So, those are my areas I'd like to improve on health wise this year. 

Do you have any areas you'd like to change or improve? 


1 comment:

  1. I also am trying to be healthier this year. I exercise 2-3 times per week already, but I also would like to add running into my routine (I have always used asthma as my excuse, but that simply will not do). I would like to eat more raw veggies and fruits, and not snack so much. And my hair....well, I tried 2 different "no-poo" methods, neither of which worked for me. So I'm thinking I will probably start doing hair masks, and just try to shampoo less frequently.

    Anyway, thanks for sharing! Sorry I haven't been commenting lately. I have been reading your posts though, and hope to start commenting again. =)

    ~jaime

    ReplyDelete