Do ya'll remember me talking about how I was having a hard time styling my cobalt skirt? I'm not used to styling colored skirts, so it was a bit of a challenge for me. So naturally, I turned to Pinterest.

Cobalt and black looked pretty, but was almost too plain.

Cobalt and leopard looked nice, but I didn't have the right leopard top.

I had the striped navy/white top to pull this off, but I was still looking for something.

I liked this, but even for me, it was too bright.

I liked the cobalt and emerald, but once again lacked the right top.

Then I saw this. I loved how neither color was a neutral, but the mint kind of calmed down the bright blue.
So, this is my official outfit for mission's conference tonight. I wanted cute and something different, yet comfortable. Sometimes when you get into a slump, you just need to shop in your own closet, and put colors and patterns together you've never worn together before. I might even curl my hair tonight, although it takes me so long.
Have you tried any new color combos lately?
I love it! So cute.
ReplyDeleteOh that looks very nice together! And I love that shade of blue.
ReplyDeleteI've been trying that with my closet. I have a lot of skirts, but I never know what kind of tops to put them with, so I've been trying lots of different things, mixing clothes I wouldn't normally put together. I've come up with some I really like. It is more fun than I thought it would be.