My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Monday, October 21, 2013

What I've been up to.....

Lately, I've been crazy busy. I've found that no season of the year is more busy than another, they're simply different types of busy. Autumn is usually a time where I'm doing photoshoots and lots of editing. Last Saturday, I had my first shoot of the season, with this lovely family.


I spent three hours that morning putting flyers on doors for a tent revival this week, had a one hour break, then another three hours doing this photoshoot. I had so much fun the whole day, but with one slight problem. I fell on Friday, and I think pulled a muscle, or hurt a tendon behind my knee. It felt fine all day Saturday, but when I got home and relaxed, I was almost in tears. After having it on an ice pack and taking some Aleve, I did feel a little better. Yesterday I had a knee brace on it, and it seemed like the extra support really helped. I'm just praying that I didn't do any permanent damage, because I've seen people with knee problems who've had to have multiple surgeries because of it. So please pray that it stays ok. :) 

Tuesday evening I went out for a fun evening with some friends. We did a little window shopping, and tried on boots at the western store. Then we sat at the coffee shop sipping coffee and catching up on each others lives. It was a lot of fun. While I was gone, my dad got a call from some friends in Florida, inviting us for Thanksgiving. Since we don't have any extra money lying around, we're trying to raise the money. So all the money I'm making from photoshoots and babysitting, or any other odd jobs I can find is going into the Florida fund. I'm also having a huge accessory sale at my house on November 16th. I'm so excited! My family hasn't been on a vacation since I was 7 years old. I'm 21 now. :) Please pray that we can raise the money. I have a peace that God is going to provide so that we can go. 

In the midst of all this, I still have some sewing projects to do. I need to go to my Maw maw's to finally make my black maxi dress from the material I got last year, and sew up the colored jean skirt that I'm making out of a pair of jeans. I'm making a different laundry detergent, this one dry, since my mom didn't like the liquid one. Plus keeping up with grading and doing Bible College. 

How is your Autumn so far? Is it busy? 

2 comments:

  1. You sound like a busy gal! I've been up to a lot of things too, such as working on my latest illustrating assignment, getting ready for my art class for children, going to a wedding and much more! :)
    Great photography work, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your knee feels better! That sounds really painful. I hope you guys are able to raise the money! Family vacations are the best.(:

    Praying for you!

    ~Vicki
    decked out in ruffles

    ReplyDelete