My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Q & A: Numero uno

In my last post, I asked if anyone would like to ask me any questions. They can be about outfits, modesty, trends, beauty products, my beliefs, something about me personally, or a question about the Bible. Then, I received this question from Ms. Style.

Okay, I'll ask a question! :)
Here is a makeup/health question: What do you think is the best way to remove makeup? As in, do you use a washcloth or your hands and do you use a certain kind of lotion or remover? 
Thanks! 

Considering I've been experimenting with new health care products, this was a good and yet, slightly difficult question to answer. I'll show you what I use now, but some of these things may be changing in the near future. 

First off, I do use a rag to wipe the makeup off my face. My makeup comes off pretty easily, so I don't have to scrub. I know some people are against wiping your face because they say it causes wrinkles and such. Well, for me, I'm just doing what I was taught, but I'm not against changing my routine for better results. For now, this works for me. 



I tried this product out recently, after browsing the shelves at Walmart, looking for something different. I usually like Garnier products, so I decided to try it. I love the super clean feeling after using this, and it smells amazing! I take the makeup off with a rag, apply this to my face, wait 30 seconds, then remove it with a rag and water. Afterwards, I sometimes apply lotion, which this is the one I've been using. 

Johnson's Bedtime Baby Lotion, 9 fl oz

I know it's baby lotion, but it feels and smells great.

A lot of people like Burt's Bees products, and I'd like to maybe try some of their lotion sometime soon. 

For more makeup tips, I really enjoyed Olivia from Fresh Modesty video, as she described a little of her routine. 

My mom uses Noxzema, and she's been a loyal customer for years. 

Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream,...

I like it too, but I was wanting to try some new things. 

I sometimes use this makeup remover that I got made by Rimmel.


It removes waterproof mascara, and is safe for contact lens wearers. 

I took some pics of some new products I've gotten, but haven't gotten to try much yet.


I finally got coconut oil! I didn't want to buy the $10 small jar in the vitamin section, so I kept putting it off. But the other day, I saw this jar by the Pam spray. A bigger jar for only $6! I used the instructions found here to do a hair mask. I also used some tips from Tirzah found in her post here. It came out pretty well, but I probably won't see any noticeable changes until I've been doing it for a while. 


I tried another recipe also for a lip exfoliator, instructions found here. I only used brown sugar with enough coconut oil to moisten it, then put it in this little container. Simply scrub a little bit on your lips, scrubbing for a few minutes, leave on for a few minutes, then wipe (or lick) it off! I found that this recipe worked very nice. 

Hall monitor alert.
(link

Here's another makeup remover idea I just found, but haven't tried yet. Looks like it works well! 

There are just so many uses for coconut oil! 

Another thing I've mentioned before is taking Biotin. 


I've been having a hard time growing out my hair, because it seems to grow so slowly. I've been taking one of these every night for about 1 to 2 months, and I already see a difference! It seems like it's grown more in this little bit of time, than it's grown during the rest of the year!

Well, Ms. Style, I hope this was a help to you and all my other readers. I know this post was fun for me. :) 

So what is your beauty routine? 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen! I really enjoyed reading this! I personally am trying to use as many natural things on my face as possible...for example, I use honey every morning as a face wash, and use olive, sunflower, or coconut oil at night to remove my makeup. All three of them work quite nicely for me. =)

    I'm also trying to grow out my hair, and I read that if you do the "no-poo" method on your hair (no shampoo or conditioner, but instead use baking soda and vinegar to clean your hair every 4 days), your hair will grow really fast. I've been half-heartedly trying it (still shampooing my hair on Sundays!), but it will be awhile before any noticeable results (if there are to be any). Just thought I'd share that! =)

    Blessings,
    jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen, thanks for this fun, informative post! :) I look forward to seeing how the new ideas end up working for you. Coconut oil is great for so many things!
    My question was inspired by the fact that since using my latest bottle of mascara, I find it floating in my eyes even after it seems like it should all be gone! I'm wondering if perhaps using a rag to wipe it off might help. I use a creamy cleanser to remove my eye makeup, then wash with a cleanser or mild soap. Lately I've been moisturizing with Cetaphil lotion, then putting on aloe vera gel to help with acne, as well as spot treatment with various things at night. It gets lengthy, but /besides/ the acne, my skin feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! This was so interesting to read! (Thanks for linking to my blog!) I'll have to look up those vitamins- my mom loves to load us up with supplements before and during winter- I'm sure she'd be up for this one! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete