My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Shopping trip in September

Yesterday, I got to go on another shopping trip with my family. I had a list of things I was looking for, and was hoping to find at least a couple things from my list. I had very limited money, so I decided to only go to thrift stores, like Goodwill and Clothes Mentor, and check the end of summer sales at Walmart. But I found exactly what I wanted from these stores! Would you like to see? 

$4.50 Goodwill


$4.50 Goodwill

$10 Clothes Mentor (originally Lane Bryant) 

$5 Walmart

$5 Walmart

One of the things on my list was cute printed tops. When I saw this shirt, I liked it immediately. Thankfully, it fit, considering I was at Goodwill and couldn't find another size. I love the colors and print. I think it was handmade, due to how it's made and no tag. I went into the dressing room with what must've been 20 things, and came out with that top and the jean skirt. The jean skirt is awesome. It's a little big, but it's meant to hang on your hips, which it definitely does. ;) It's the perfect length, and is the style I'm always on the lookout for. Another thing on my list was a black turtleneck sweater. Why, do you ask? Because there's just about nothing as classic as a black turtleneck. It's like your favorite LBD, or red lipstick or red nail polish. It's timeless. I've been looking for the perfect charcoal tee for a few months now, and finally found this comfy, soft, perfect shade of grey tee. The dress was on sale from $17 to $5, and considering all you can do with a black dress, I snatched it up. All the clothes are comfy, and look really nice, and well, me. :) The red/indigo top, black turtleneck, and black maxi dress are all great for dressing up or down for whatever you want to wear them to. 
I also got the supplies I'll need for a DIY I want to try. 

personalized scarf.. put a verse or favorite quote on it.. i love that it's kind of illegible to others but you would always know what it said.

Except that I'm not using a ready made scarf. I'm using a huge white men's tee shirt that I found on the clearance rack yesterday, along with some metallic permanent markers. I haven't decided if I'll just use gold or silver, or alternate between the two. I'll get pics when I try it, so I can show ya'll how I did it. 

Have you found any good deals or DIYs lately? 

1 comment:

  1. I love that black maxi dress! So cute! I can't wait to see the pics of your DIY project! That sounds really pretty.

    ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete