Do you ever just feel overwhelmed?
Well, I was feeling it this morning.
Three different situations hit me with what felt like a ton of bricks. More than likely Satan had a hand in magnifying my problems, making them seem impossible to conquer. The first thing I did was to text a good friend, a prayer warrior, and ask her to pray for me. I didn't go into detail, but I knew that she would be praying. Then, I sat in my computer chair, and asked my dear Heavenly Father if I could sit in His lap and pour out my problems to Him. Of course, He agreed, and listened intently as I cried my heart out, blubbering out all my concerns and heartaches and fears. Finally, I asked my sweet Best Friend to shoulder my burdens, knowing that He loved the people I was burdened for even more than me, and could handle my problems way better than my trembling, inadequate hands ever could. As I slowly calmed, wiped my nose, and dried my swollen red eyes, I pulled out my Bible. I felt an urge to read a little devotional called "Call to Glory", and you'll never guess what today's devotional was titled. "What Do You Seek in Times of Trouble?" I read the text that went with today's lesson, which was James 3:13-18. Across the page from today's text, a certain verse caught my eye.
James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
The first part of that verse made me think. More grace. More than what? More than your fear. More than your problems. More than anything Satan or this life can throw at you. Christ gives us more grace.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
So do you feel overwhelmed?
Tell your Heavenly Father.
He's the best listener, comforter, and problem fixer you will ever meet.


No comments:
Post a Comment