My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Spring dreaming

Ok, so today while I was SUPPOSED to be editing pictures, I got a little sidetracked. The two culprits are Polyvore and Pinterest. So I decided, that since I already wasted time, I might as well share some of my finds and thoughts. 


stripes

stripes by pawpawsgirl92 featuring a striped boatneck shirt

First off, stripes. Who likes stripes? I've stayed away from stripes ever since I was younger when practically every shirt I owned was a striped polo. But recently, I've grown to appreciate stripes again, in moderation. I tend to prefer wider stripes, and I also seem to ready like blue and white stripes. I'm still looking for the perfect navy and white, three quarter sleeve shirt. Stripes can create a different effect by the colors of the stripes, whether bright, dark, or subdued, like the grey and white shirt.


chevron

chevron by pawpawsgirl92 featuring a chevron sweater

(I apologize, I didn't realize until now that I have the same skirt in my stripes and chevron sets.)

Chevron is a style I never really looked at before, but it seems to be popping up everywhere, especially in maxi skirts. I think that I might give chevron a try, if I find the right look for it.

Also, I found a few cute things on Pinterest that I'd like to share.

New York & Company - Apparel - Skirts-Fun, Sassy, and Unique
I think this skirt is adorable.

I love the color, this shoe will look good for day or evening; with jeans or skirt.

I love the color of these cute wedges.

"board walk girl" by wildflower2996 ❤ liked on Polyvore

I love the springy, comfortable look of this outfit. It makes me want to go out and find all the pieces to it.

LOVE THIS

While the other outfit is more city/beach style, this one calls to my "love of country" side. It's classy, comfy, and super adorable. Those boots! *sighs*

Lastly, I've been seeing all these colored jeans in beautiful colors at the stores, and I've been getting jealous. I want some comfy jean skirts in all those cute colors! I thought about converting some of those colored jeans into skirts like this (below), and I still might.

old jeans, Love this!!

But a friend of mine said she found some cute, colored jean skirts at New York and company.

Meet Emma, She comes in color, has shaping capabilities and is the perfect length for summer.
It is time to color up your outfit with this beautiful bright blue skirt! The days are getting colder and more grey every day, but no need for you to dress that way too.. This beautiful half-length skirt is made of jeans material in a pretty blue color. This skirt will color up your outfit and your mood at the same time!  www.2dayslook.com
Wasn't kidding; want one in every color

What do you think?

Have you been able to find any colored jean skirts? Where did you find them?

I'd really appreciate it if you let me know if you saw some. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! If you're looking for colored denim skirts, YOu might want to try Old Navy, I got a raspberry purple skirt there and I love it! I think you can only get them online though :) I hope this was helpful! I love your blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete