My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mustard Yellow (trying new things)

Sometimes, it's good to branch out of your comfort zone.

I don't mean concerning modesty, of course, but in color and style. 

Now there are good reasons and bad reasons to try a new style. A good reason would be trying something new because you want to. A bad reason would be because everyone else is doing it, or in this case, wearing it. I'm a firm believer in this: "If I like it and its modest, I'll wear it. I won't stop myself from wearing it just because it's in style, but I won't only wear it because it IS in style." 

So that brings us to today's post. Mustard yellow. 

I've always said that I couldn't wear yellow because it brings out a yellowish tint to my skin that I don't like. But perhaps there are some shades of yellow that I can still wear. To be honest, I've always thought of mustard yellow as ugly, until I tried on a shirt in that color. And you know what? I liked it! 

So here's me, in my new long sleeve, mustard yellow shirt. 

yellow shirt~Walmart/jean skirt~thrift store/shoes~Payless/jewelry set~made by me. 


It was a little colder than I thought, so I ended up wearing brown knee socks and clogs. 





Jean jackets can be too thin sometimes in winter time, but if worn with a long sleeve shirt, you can usually pull it off. I've also worn this shirt with a leopard scarf that looks good too, but I just felt like wearing my turquoise set. Do you like the yellow and turquoise together? I do. I think it kind of reflects on my Native American heritage. Sorry that I'm so serious in the last picture, but I was concentrating on the lighting and angle and forgot to smile. 

So have you tried something out of your comfort zone lately? 

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I used to feel the same way about mustard yellow. :P I didn't like yellow period, but then I started seeing it a lot more in the fashion world, and I suppose it kind of grew on me! I love how you paired your top with the turquoise necklace as well! Very cute.(:

    ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete