My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Florida Trip

Hey guys!

Yes, I know it's been almost a week since the wedding in Florida, but I've barely been home since I got back. I cleared some of my photo space, so hopefully I'll be able to share with ya'll some of my pics from my trip of a lifetime. 


I took 200 photos on my personal sd card, and 1,300 bridal and wedding photos. Our little group traveling over there was me, Megan and the bride, Mrs. Charlotte. I can describe these two red heads as my two best friends in the world, even if one is 3 years younger than me and the other 30 years older than me. We're  all picture fanatics so it took us 6 hours to get to our destination instead of 5 hours. We stopped at a rest stop in Mississippi, Alabama, and finally Florida. 

Too much happened in those 5 days to be described, but I'll tell you one thing. One of the highlights of my trip was seeing my first lighthouse on a naval base.


I fell in love with the amazing sight of the regal old lighthouse. Sadly, I didn't get to explore as much as I wanted to because we were racing the sun to get the perfect bridal portraits at sunset on the beach. But I vow to return one day. 

Seriously, a photographer couldn't have asked for better circumstances. A beautiful lighthouse and two story house, stone steps, a cute little boardwalk, gorgeous thick woods all around, the tide coming in, a breathtaking sunset, and a lovely, glowing, soon to be bride. I was in photographer/nature lover heaven. 





The ring on the stalk picture was definitely the hardest to take. The wind kept moving the stalk, and it was so thin my camera didn't want to focus on it. But I believe my efforts were rewarded. 

Above from left to right is: Kathryne (the cake decorator and back up photographer), the bride, Mrs. Charlotte, the personal assistant, Megan, and the photographer, Kristen (me).) 

The wedding was stressful, amazing, and the experience of a lifetime. I fell in love with Florida, comforted by the similarities to Louisiana, and curious and attracted to the differences from my home state. I hope to one day return to the hypnotizingly beautiful beach and get to explore the lighthouse that has captured my heart. 

1 comment:

  1. That picture of the ring looks so neat! And the bride is lovely--I love that blue dress!

    Sounds like you had an amazing trip! That beach is gorgeous! Someday I'd really love to go to Florida.(:

    ~Vicki
    Decked Out in Ruffles

    ReplyDelete