My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Sewing Projects

I've been really in the sewing mood lately (possibly because I like a bunch of cute clothes I can't afford.) I still have my black maxi to make using this tutorial. Soon I'll be visiting my Mawmaw's to make that dress, fix a black pencil skirt that was given to me, and take up the hem a little on my newest maxi (even in my highest heels I still step on the hem!). 

Once those are done, I'll concentrate on the sewing projects that I still have to buy the supplies for. 

(navy blue and white striped jersey knit) 

(peach and white striped jersey knit) 

I'll be using this tutorial for both of the striped fabrics above. I've been searching for the perfect navy/white shirt, but haven't found one yet. So I've decided to make one. 

My next project will probably be the hardest sewing project I've ever tried, so I'll need my Mawmaw's help.

Sash tied #lacedress, #LittleBlackDress, #LBD, #Dress, #eShakti, #Black, #vintage
Yes, I want to make a black lace dress. I fell in love with this one, but really can't afford it. So I looked up fabric at a few stores, and I think I can make it for a fraction of the cost. It will have sleeves, but without the lining. 

So do you have any sewing projects you're working on? Any easy sewing tutorials you'd like to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment