My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

LBD {Little Black Dress}

Lately as I've been preparing for my first official wedding I'll be shooting in December, I've been thinking about what I wanted to wear. Of course for a wedding, it should be formal, but not attention grabbing or difficult to work in. I mostly have shirts and skirts, and I knew that I wanted to wear a dress for shooting in (I find dresses seem to be more formal than a skirt and shirt.) My first thoughts went directly to the perfect LBD. Little Black Dress. I wanted black because as the photographer, I don't want to catch too much attention as I'm trying to get the shots I need, and black is the perfect formal elegant color (in my opinion.) 

I've heard several bloggers talk about eShakti, which is an online store for lovely ladies formal clothing. I wanted to share with ya'll the dresses I have my eye on. 

#LittleBlackDress, #LBD, #Dress, #eShakti, #Black

#Rosette trim dress, #LittleBlackDress, #LBD, #Dress, #eShakti, #Black
Sash tied #lacedress, #LittleBlackDress, #LBD, #Dress, #eShakti, #Black, #vintage
eshakti
(I found all these images on Pinterest) 

The awesome thing about eShakti, is that they allow you to customize your dress. You can choose the neckline, sleeve style, and length of the dress. How cool is that? The prices are reasonable (although still above my budget) but I'm hoping that someday I'll be able to get one. Check it out, and let me know what you think! 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, they're all so lovely! I don't think I could choose a favorite! :P eshakti is a very cool brand, but a wee bit pricier than I can afford...but maybe one day!(:

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all too. :) But I really fell in love with the black lace dress. It is too expensive for me right now, but yesterday I was looking at fabric online, and found all the materials I need for $20-$30! Hopefully, my Mawmaw will help me make it. :)

    ReplyDelete