{Cajun dictionary: lagniappe is the Cajun word for "all the rest" or the "extras." And there's gonna be a lot of stuff in this post, so I thought I'd warn you. ^_-}
Sorry I disappeared for a while.
I felt like I was dying all week, along with the rest of my family.
Because after all, family shares, right? In sickness and in health. ;)
Thankfully, we're all getting much better, except for poor Matthew. It's his second time around, and it's proving pretty tough.
Speaking of, it's the little rascal's birthday today!
Everybody say happy birthday to the cutest one year old in the world!
(I'm just a slightly biased big sister. ^_-)
Since we got Captain America from the library right before getting sick, we've been watching it a lot. I love the classy look of the time (though I don't believe they wore that low of necklines at that time). I really like the men in nice suits, especially the vest, tie and slacks look.
Another thing I found during the week (of watching Captain America 50 million times. Exaggerating....a little...) is my appreciation for the brown leather jacket look.
on women
and men (couldn't find a pic of the jacket before he went into battle.)
Couldn't end talk of leather jackets without adding the King of the Leather Jacket, the Fonz. ;D
I wanted to share my outfit with ya'll, because it involves my favorite color combination, red and black.
![]() |
| shirt~Goodwill/skirt,shoes,watch~Cato/necklace,bracelets, and earrings~made by me |
![]() |
| This is one of my favorite dressy shirts |
![]() |
| I needed a white skirt so badly, that I actually was willing to pay full price. |
![]() |
| I made this necklace and was going to sell it, but it went too well with this shirt. ;D |
![]() |
| Can you believe I got this from Goodwill, and the lovely beaded embroidery is still nearly in perfect shape? |
I normally wear this shirt with a black skirt, since I don't have a red one. But I thought it would look more summery with a white skirt. What do you think?
And last but not least, I ordered a new lens!
It's a lovely 50 mm lens. I'm counting the days until it comes in!
The Lord has blessed me with 3 photo opps just for this month! My photography business has been rather slow lately (probably something to do with all the heat and humidity), so I'm very thankful. I have a (my first) wedding, a family photoshoot, and my first engagement shoot! I'm praying the lens comes in before all the shoots.
So how was your week?








Praise God! Once, my dad found an ancient zoom lens at a resale shop--and it happened to fit my Rebel. It's been a huge blessing to my photography!
ReplyDeleteKaitlin
thebendandback.blogspot.com