My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Monday, August 6, 2012

biking

pinterest

Last night, someone at church gave us a bike. They had found it on the side of the road, and since it's in working condition, thought maybe someone could use it. I haven't ridden a bike in years, but I've been wanting a bike for a long time. My old bike and I had been close friends, and I rode it everyday. This bike is not very pretty, but it does work. So instead of taking pictures of it, I thought I'd share some cute ones from Pinterest. When I saw the one above, I immediately fell in love. A horse AND a red bike? perfect.

pinterest
Bike Pictures! Even though my bike isn't cute, I love it a lot. And I want pictures with it. Maybe I'll steal a cute bike from someone...Who knows.
pinterest

{Beautiful picture. ^ I love baskets on bikes. And once again, it's red! ^_^}
Making pictures on the bike <3
pinterest

{I'm no where near good enough yet to take a pic while ^ bike riding. Maybe one day.}

I'm so excited about this new way of exercising, though I have a long way to go to get used to riding again. My brother and I are looking forward to riding every morning, and getting some good exercise. 

Since it's a boy's bike, the chains are not covered, and I was too afraid to risk any of my skirts getting greasy or torn. So I went to my last wanted option, the culottes that have been put away since I was 13. I don't really care for them, I think they're uncomfortable and ugly. But I took a few pics for ya'll to show you what they look like. 



(No, I didn't go biking barefoot, I just took off my tennis shoes when I got in the house, and didn't feel like putting them back on for the picture.) 


 
Yes, you may laugh if you want to. ^_-. It's not the most appealing outfit, but it works well for bike riding. This is my favorite t-shirt. It was given to me at the last church we helped, for National Day of Prayer. If you can't read it backwards in the mirror, it says, "Every Knee Shall Bow." 

Tonight, we're going to Jonny Carino's for Rachel and Matthew's birthdays. Rachel's was last Tuesday (while we were all sick) and Matthew's was yesterday. 

Rachel with her new chef's hat, apron, and mitt.

Rachel's been wanting an apron like big sister, so we found her a cute one on eBay. She loves it, and even wanted to wear her new apron to Walmart. ^_-. 

So do you enjoy bike riding? 

P.S.

I got an email saying that my new lens is in the mail! I'm watching that tracking number like a hawk, lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment