My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

summer scarf

Remember in my last post when I said that I would post all my outfits this week? 

Well, he,he, let's just say that there was no time. Tuesday night we didn't get to go because my dad's boss called a last minute meeting. Wednesday night I was in a rush, but I'm wearing the same outfit as in this post. And Thursday night I wore an outfit that I haven't gotten pictures of yet, but once again was in too much of a rush. 

But yesterday, when we went meet my dad at work, I had enough time to take a pic of my outfit. 

So here it is. 

shirt and earrings~Cato/skirt~refashioned, thrift store/scarf~Cracker Barrel store/flipflops~Walmart

I was going for cool (as in temperature), cute, quick, and unrestricting.The flip flops, shorter skirt, and hair pulled back made it cool. The scarf and earrings made it cute, and of course the pony tail was much quicker then fixing my hair. And t shirts and jean skirts are about the most comfortable clothes I own. 


I actually refashioned this skirt. I got it from a resale shop, but it looked brand new and was made very well. The problem is that it went straight down, is thick jean material, and nearly touched the floor. I could only wear it when it was very cold for those reasons, which doesn't happen often in Louisiana. I was about to get rid of it, but then got the idea to make it shorter. I always liked how it fit at the top. I cut and hemmed it. And it is now my favorite jean skirt! I wish I had 5 or 6 more of them. 

Same earrings as in the last post. I love how I can either wear them to the store or to church. 

Recently, I realized that all my scarfs were either black, red, or grey. I desperately wanted a cute summer scarf that went with a lot of different shirts and was cool enough for spring and summer. I found this scarf on the 40% off rack at Cracker Barrel for $7. It goes with 4 of my shirts and 1 of my mom's shirts. It's light and cool, even with Louisiana heat. 

Yesterday I found a brown leopard scarf at Walmart for $3. I'm excited, because I didn't have any scarves that went with brown. 

Last night, I couldn't go to sleep for anything. I finally fell asleep at 3AM.  I finally finished "Pride and Prejudice", a 479 page book! I'll admit, I REALLY enjoyed it. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed it so much, that the review is going to have a post all by itself, because I have so much to say about it. I also have, "Northanger Abbey," "Emma," and "Sense and Sensibility." I also want to get "Persuasion", because I have some friends that really liked it. But for now, I think I'll start on "Emma." 

 Have a wonderful Saturday! 

2 comments:

  1. I love your scarf! It's super cute!(:
    I really want to reread P&P now! I first read it when I was thirteen or so, and I haven't picked it up again since, but I do love Jane Austen's writing, and I think I would enjoy her wit more now.(:

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks about the scarf! :) I do think that if I had read it before, I wouldn't have understood it. It does take a lot of comprehension, but if you can comprehend everything, you'll greatly enjoy it. Well, I know I did, and I hope you do too! :D

      Delete