My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

summer wear

summer wear

summer wear by pawpawsgirl92 featuring a buckle belt


 So here are some of my cute outfit tips for summer. 


Especially down in south Louisiana, one of the most important aspects of a summer outfit is for it to be thin. Not immodest now, just make sure the material is breathable. ;) 


I'm going to go from right to left (because it's official opposite day. No, not really. ^_-) 


1. orange outfit


This outfit is cool, bright, fun, and comfortable. The skirt is flowy, the shirt is feminine and summery, and the sandles are  cool. Wedges are not only cute, but also comfortable. In summer, sunglasses are a must. 


2. green and leopard outfit


Normally, I'd wear a brown or black skirt with this shirt, but seeing it's summer, why not go for something brighter? This outfit would probably be good for church, as it is a little dressier. I'm falling quickly in love with maxis. They're cool, comfortable, and give the impression that you're slimmer and taller, especially when worn with heels. You can wear your hair back in a cute braid or updo to stay cool and show off the cute chandelier earrings. And the brown heeled sandles can be worn with or without stockings, depending on your preference. 


3.  blue maxi dress


I recently got a purple and teal maxi dress that I absolutely love. I wore an over jacket similar to the one in the picture, with a belt. I like the look with and without a belt. Another reason why I love maxi dresses is because they can be dressed up or down so quickly. You can wear flip flops or sandles for a more casual look, or wear heels to dress it up for church or a special occasion. Sunday, I wore my heels for church, then after church switched to some fancier flipflops to go eat dinner in. You can also change the jewelry to and hairstyle to make it a dressier or more casual look. 


I hope you enjoyed my little summer outfit tips. Just remember, don't try to be someone else. Wear clothes that fit you and your personality. And of course don't forget, just because the weather is warmer doesn't give you license to be immodest.

 Dare to be modest, cute, and cool!

3 comments:

  1. I love maxis...they're not only cute and modest, but they're super comfortable as well! I really like all the outfits you put together--especially the two on either end!

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I really really like the on the right =)You are great at putting clothes together! Keep up the great blog =)!
    Kayla
    www.theblogofus-hk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Vicki and Kayla! enjoy putting outfits together, so I have to be careful not to spend too much time on Polyvore. ;) Maxi's are wonderful, Vicki. :) I can't wait to make one in the near future! :D

    ReplyDelete