Man, it takes me so long to wake up and smell the roses.
I mean, how long has belting been in fashion?
Not that I follow trends, but sometimes I will try it out to see if it works for me. To be honest, I have tried the belt look before, but it never looked right on me. But recently I got a maxi dress. I didn't care for how the top part was, so I was going to wear a flowy jacket over it. But then I looked huge. So i buckled down (forgive the pun ^_-) and shopped seriously for a belt that worked for me. I found two. And I LOVE them both! I wore the black one Sunday with the maxi dress, and it looked perfect. Also, I had to use a lapel mic to record my cd, and so I easily clipped it on the belt! It was exactly what I needed for that day, and I didn't even know it!
I was looking for some pictures with the belting fashion (until I can take a few of my own), but many were way too immodest.
I did however, find a few.
![]() | |||||
| (I think the dress is pretty cool too. Very Roman....or Greek.) |
The belt adds some interest to the outfit in this picture.
This one is so pretty.
I used this one, because she's a little more my size then the others. But you can see how a belt looks good even if you don't have a model thin figure. Sadly, I can't find enough modest pictures of belting with larger women. But I'm sure you get the idea. I'll probably do a part 2 to this post once I get some of my own belt pictures.
Have you ever thought something wouldn't work for you, then discovered that it did?




No comments:
Post a Comment