My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My first award!


I'm so excited! 

This is my first blog award EVER! 

(Ok, I'll take that back. I was awarded a long time ago on my old blog, but I didn't know how to get the button my my blog. I've learned a lot since then.) 

First, I want to thank Vicki for awarding me! She has a fabulous blog called Decked out in Ruffles (isn't that such a cute name?) I have to say, Vicki has been such an encouragement to me lately. She comments on almost all my posts, and it always makes my day. I'm going to be doing a guest post for her soon, which I still have to send to her (Eek! We talked about it a while ago, but I've been such a procrastinator lately!) Anyway, I'll post a link once it's up. 

Ok, so here are the rules.

1. In a post on your blog, nominate 4 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.

2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.

3. In the same post, thank the blogger (or bloggers!) who nominated you with a link back to their blog(s).

4. In the same post, include 7 random pieces of information about you.

5. In the same post, include this set of rules.

6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination with a comment on their blog.


Ok, so I've done 2, 3, and 5 so far. But before I award anyone, I'm gonna show what a bookworm I am and go look up the definition of versatile.

Here's the definition from my Webster's 1828 dictionary (I love my 1828!) :

3. Turning with ease from one thing to another; readily applied to a new task, or to various subjects; as a man of versatile genius.


Interesting! 

I'll award some of my favorite bloggers this award:





Polka Dot and Sarah-Anne usually make me laugh with their interesting ways of putting things. Anna has some amazing tutorials on her blog, and I've gotten some ideas from her outfits. And Julia and I seem to have a lot in common. I mean in the way that we both blog, make and sell jewelry, and write. She's just finished a book that I really want to read about a spy. Seriously, a spy? That's awesome! 

I do really wish that I could award like 20 more bloggers, because so many of them deserve it. The reason I chose these 4 is due to the fact that they don't only blog on one thing. They blog about their life, fashion, photography, DIYs, and much more. They are truly versatile. 

Ok, now for the 7 random pieces of information about myself. 

Ready?

1. I'm a sinner saved by grace, and I'll forever be thankful to the One who loved me enough to die for me.

2. My Canon SLR Rebel XS is named Diego, because I love to travel with him. ;) 

3. I'm writing one book while researching for another.

4. I love marshmallows on my coffee the way most people love marshmallows in their hot chocolate.

5. I have a purse addiction. A jewelry addiction. A shoe addiction. A scarf addiction. And I'm quickly getting a belt addiction. Why don't we just say I'm addicted to accessories?

6. I like to go to places like Charming Charlie's, study their over priced jewelry, then go home and make it for myself for half the cost. 

7. I'm a very friendly person who is blessed with lots of friends, but I'm finding more and more that I'm enjoying solitude, and thinking deep thoughts. Not that I'm abandoning my friends anytime soon, of course. 

Ok, so now that you know some rather non-interesting facts about me, I need to go let these other blogger's know about their awards. 

Have a great day!

P.S.  I'm thinking about making a bucket list. As much as I write lists, I'm surprised I haven't yet. So be looking for that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment