My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Finding your niche, among other things....

Hello everyone!

I hope ya'll had a great weekend. Mine was a tad stressful, but over all, it was a good weekend. :) 

Tonight we're going to my Mawmaw's (our word for grandma, case you didn't know), to bring her our mother's day present. A little late I know, but we couldn't get it done before now. It's a collage frame with pictures of all the grand kids in our family. I'm excited because my parents let me do them all in black and white. I love black and white. :) 

We needed a more recent picture of Rachel, so we took these.



We didn't know which one to use, but we finally chose the second one. 

Now, about the title. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. I have a lot of things I like to do, home business wise, but I think it's time to find my niche, and stick with it. I don't mean never experimenting outside of the box, but specializing in what I really love, and working on that. As far as photography goes, that's easy. My favorite thing to capture is nature. Has been for a while now. I don't think I work well with people when it comes to doing photoshoots. I have a hard time telling them where to stand, posing them, and coming up with creative poses. I just don't think it's my thing. But when it's a flower, tree, old shed, animal, or something like that, my creativity goes wild. I love it. I'll probably stick with doing photoshoots, at least for a while, I'm just not going to make it a lifetime career. I'd much rather opening an online shop to sell jewelry and nature photos. 

Secondly, I'm rediscovering my love of writing. I used to write short stories all the time, most of them sadly were lost (thank you, public school filing methods!). I love research, especially about things I love such as history, photography, spy or detective stuff, mysteries,  animals, other countries, and so on. I'm working on a book that will soon become a trilogy, hopefully. And I already have ideas for what I'm going to write after the trilogy! I love so many different time periods, I'm pretty sure that I would never run out of material to work with. 

So taking and selling nature photos, making jewelry, and writing Christian fiction books should keep me busy now, and also I can continue them after I'm married. 

Well, I gotta go. We're about to go pick up my dad from work then go to my Mawmaw's. 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment