My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Photography Challenge~2nd week

Whew! I have been gone all day, and I only have enough time to squeeze this post in before leaving again!

Once again, I am joining the photography challenge over at Blessings Every Minute of my Life. I'm rather excited that I'm actually participating two weeks in a row! 

Can I get a pat on the back? Anyone?

Ok, back to the subject at hand. This week's theme is "Shadows". At first, I thought it would be very difficult, but that's because I was only thinking of it in a certain way. But when I saw this picture I took a little while back, I knew it was perfect, and fit the criteria. Plus, it comes with an awesome story! 

(If you click on the picture, you will be able to see it bigger)

This picture has shadows in it, correct? 

Last September, I was riding with friends coming back from a Ladies Conference in Mississippi. We stopped at a tourist attraction, and it turns out, that it was once lived in by Jefferson Davis! Who happens to be my favorite President of all time! There were no tours going on, but we got to look around at all the pretty and interesting pieces. The house was immense, and gorgeous. This chandelier was in one of the sitting rooms, across from a room that had been used as a ballroom! And of course, that gets your imagination going, back to the age of Balls, and fancy dresses.....anyways, back on the subject! 

I thought this chandelier was lovely, even though it probably isn't THAT old. I also think this picture looks great in black and white. 

So anyways, that's my entry for this week! Go on over to Rebecca's blog and enter!

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear, just wondering...

    Did you follow my blog a while back?
    Because, you said you follow my blog publicly, but I can't find your picture on the sidebar anywhere!

    Thank you.

    -XO Abbigayle Rashae
    -trueblueabbi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete