My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Friday, December 20, 2013

What do you do when you live in the South, and it's too warm to wear the outfit you planned for Christmas?

Yes, long title, I know. 

But seriously, I was really sad when I found out that this Sunday (our church's Christmas play) and Christmas Day will both be warm days. So my cute, warm, super Christmas-y looking outfits that I had planned are out the window. 

Bummer, right? 

So today I started putting different outfits together that are for warmer weather but still have the Christmas spirit. Then I put together some ideas on Polyvore that might be helpful to readers who live in warmer climates. 


plaid styled

plaid styled by pawpawsgirl92 featuring tahitian black pearl earrings

Plaid was the first thing on my mind. It has a wintry feel, and can either be more Christmasy or not, depending on your preference. If you like the more country style (like me), you'll probably go for the greens and reds with feather accessories and boots, like the two examples on the left. On the right is the more city style, with TOMS or Converse. Plaid shirts can be found in lighter materials, so they can work well in warmer weather.


warm Christmas outfits

warm Christmas outfits by pawpawsgirl92 featuring a grey pencil skirt

I like all three outfits here, but I think the one all the way on the right is my favorite. It's classy, glittery, and festive as well as feminine and flattering. I normally don't do a shirt and skirt the same color in an outfit, but I think this looks nice. The middle outfit is simply adorable, and can go so many different ways. The outfit all the way on the left has a classic look, then the glitter pumps give it a pop of festiveness.

Do you live in a warmer climate? 

Which outfit was your favorite? 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, cute outfits! :) I'm not sure which is my favorite, but I like how you paired the long flowing skirt with a blazer on the left of the bottom photo. I like to do classic and boho together.
    Our climate is fairly temperate year round (about a 30 degree difference between summer and winter), so it's cold here, but not snowing. :)

    ReplyDelete