Maybe it's because we just got back from a trip, and still feel like we're catching up on real life.
Maybe it's because we've had no motivation to decorate.
Maybe it's because most of my Christmas gifts this year were gift cards, and I didn't do much personal shopping.
Maybe it's because I haven't wrapped a gift yet.
But I am just NOW starting to realize it's Christmas time!
I mean, we even went Christmas shopping Friday in the freezing cold rain blasting Christmas music, and I STILL didn't seem to get it!
I've never had such a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit.
Right now, I'm playing Bing Crosby and forcing myself to decorate my room for Christmas today. Maybe that'll help?
I'm looking through last year's Christmas pics.
Then here are a few pics from this year's trip to Florida.
These were some of the adorable Christmas trees in the lighthouse.
Hmmm, maybe that helped.
I'm off to wrap gifts, decorate my room, listen to peppy Christmas music, and drink coffee with marshmallows. :)
Have you ever had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit?







I work at a store where we put up Christmas decorations in September. So yeah, some years are better than others for me. But I usually get in the mood by the week before Christmas, at least.
ReplyDeleteThis year, actually, yes. It's quite strange for me- usually I'm in the Christmas mood before Thanksgiving! I'm actually enjoying not having that more though... because it always put such pressure on me to *do* something. This year I feel more like I'm just along for the ride. I'm just enjoying each little bit as it goes by...
ReplyDelete