These past few days I've found an odd amount of free time. I've spent it exercising (yes, finally getting back to that!) and spending time with my family. I've been going on walks with my siblings, playing card games with them, and snuggling up with them to watch movies. Sometimes I get so busy I forget the things that are really important. Making memories with my family.
Anyway, this morning I didn't have much to do, so I got on Polyvore. And ended up making 2 sets! I thought I'd share them with ya'll and see what you thought.
Autumn 2013 by pawpawsgirl92 featuring bootie boots
outfit #1
In Louisiana, it really doesn't get very cold. As matter of fact, I usually only wear jackets in the winter. I haven't used my coat in years. So in the Autumn, we have to pretty much find Autumn colored clothing in lighter materials. I've become really fond of neutrals this season. The sweater looks cozy while not being stuffy, and warm enough to ward off a chill, while not sweating. While trying to accessorize this outfit, I couldn't seem to drag myself away from the neutral shades. Grey nail polish has been my favorite nail color lately, although I haven't found the perfect grey polish for me yet.
outfit #2
I love pencil skirts (as you may have noticed if you've followed my blog for any length of time.) The two most flattering skirt styles I've found that work on me is the maxi length, and straight down past the knee length. I've learned that midi skirts do not compliment my short legs, and seem to only make them look stubbier. I really love this houndstooth skirt. It can be worn with several different colors, although I think I like it with red best. I have a few turtleneck sweaters, including a red one like this, but sadly I don't get to wear it that often. Considering it's hard to wear a necklace with a turtleneck, I balanced my outfit out with large teardrop earrings.
outfit #3
Aztec print as well as peplum tops have been in style for quite a while now, but I haven't tried either as of yet. I like this blue and black Aztec print, but I have seen a few color combos in Aztec that I didn't like. The way I look at it, the only way to wear a peplum top without looking frumpy, is to wear it with a straight down skirt. That can be a pencil skirt, or even with a straight down maxi. I've also seen peplum tops worn with a skinny belt right above the flair. For ladies with wider hips, or a backside they try to downsize, I would think wearing a peplum top could be tricky. You would definitely have to try on different ones and see which one works the best for you.
outfit #1
In Louisiana, it really doesn't get very cold. As matter of fact, I usually only wear jackets in the winter. I haven't used my coat in years. So in the Autumn, we have to pretty much find Autumn colored clothing in lighter materials. I've become really fond of neutrals this season. The sweater looks cozy while not being stuffy, and warm enough to ward off a chill, while not sweating. While trying to accessorize this outfit, I couldn't seem to drag myself away from the neutral shades. Grey nail polish has been my favorite nail color lately, although I haven't found the perfect grey polish for me yet.
outfit #2
I love pencil skirts (as you may have noticed if you've followed my blog for any length of time.) The two most flattering skirt styles I've found that work on me is the maxi length, and straight down past the knee length. I've learned that midi skirts do not compliment my short legs, and seem to only make them look stubbier. I really love this houndstooth skirt. It can be worn with several different colors, although I think I like it with red best. I have a few turtleneck sweaters, including a red one like this, but sadly I don't get to wear it that often. Considering it's hard to wear a necklace with a turtleneck, I balanced my outfit out with large teardrop earrings.
outfit #3
Aztec print as well as peplum tops have been in style for quite a while now, but I haven't tried either as of yet. I like this blue and black Aztec print, but I have seen a few color combos in Aztec that I didn't like. The way I look at it, the only way to wear a peplum top without looking frumpy, is to wear it with a straight down skirt. That can be a pencil skirt, or even with a straight down maxi. I've also seen peplum tops worn with a skinny belt right above the flair. For ladies with wider hips, or a backside they try to downsize, I would think wearing a peplum top could be tricky. You would definitely have to try on different ones and see which one works the best for you.
Autumn 2013 2 by pawpawsgirl92 featuring a toms footwear
outfit #4
Some days, it's just fun to wear grey. I know some days I like to wear it, not because I'm sad or under the weather, I just like the color grey. I've never worn grey with red before, but it looks like a fun color combination. I have to be careful though, because at one time in my life about the only colors I wore were blue (usually navy), brown, tan, or black. I didn't realize how dreary my color choices were until my Mawmaw mentioned that it seemed like I was trying to go without being noticed. Blend in with my surroundings and become invisible. I hadn't realized what I was doing until my Mawmaw pointed it out. Ever since then, I've learned to enjoy all colors (with the exceptions of olive and light or bright yellow), and try to mix and match them up to look their best. So I still have a tendency to be wary of those colors.
outfit #5
I don't know about you, but I just think it would be fun to style a leather skirt. Nothing skin tight, but like the skirt in this outfit. I love my leather jackets, boots, and purses, so why not a skirt? One thing I would do is mix the more edgy with the light and feminine patterns and materials. For instance, lace. I've recently really begun to love lace, and in this bright, beautiful shade of blue, I think it would compliment the leather skirt nicely, and create a good balance. Not to mention the rosette earrings and high heeled suede pumps.
outfit #6
You know when you're going to the store, and just want to be comfortable for that day? Well, I've been seeing all these cute, light sweatshirts in different colors, and I think they're perfect for that. Matched with your favorite, comfy jean skirt and some matching converse you're all set. But why not add a little pop of color with some bright earrings and polish? I've noticed that often times bright colored accessories or polish can just add a little pep to my step, and make me feel cute. And honestly, who of us doesn't like feeling cute?
So did anything I say help you with something you had been wondering about? Which outfit is your favorite?
outfit #4
Some days, it's just fun to wear grey. I know some days I like to wear it, not because I'm sad or under the weather, I just like the color grey. I've never worn grey with red before, but it looks like a fun color combination. I have to be careful though, because at one time in my life about the only colors I wore were blue (usually navy), brown, tan, or black. I didn't realize how dreary my color choices were until my Mawmaw mentioned that it seemed like I was trying to go without being noticed. Blend in with my surroundings and become invisible. I hadn't realized what I was doing until my Mawmaw pointed it out. Ever since then, I've learned to enjoy all colors (with the exceptions of olive and light or bright yellow), and try to mix and match them up to look their best. So I still have a tendency to be wary of those colors.
outfit #5
I don't know about you, but I just think it would be fun to style a leather skirt. Nothing skin tight, but like the skirt in this outfit. I love my leather jackets, boots, and purses, so why not a skirt? One thing I would do is mix the more edgy with the light and feminine patterns and materials. For instance, lace. I've recently really begun to love lace, and in this bright, beautiful shade of blue, I think it would compliment the leather skirt nicely, and create a good balance. Not to mention the rosette earrings and high heeled suede pumps.
outfit #6
You know when you're going to the store, and just want to be comfortable for that day? Well, I've been seeing all these cute, light sweatshirts in different colors, and I think they're perfect for that. Matched with your favorite, comfy jean skirt and some matching converse you're all set. But why not add a little pop of color with some bright earrings and polish? I've noticed that often times bright colored accessories or polish can just add a little pep to my step, and make me feel cute. And honestly, who of us doesn't like feeling cute?
So did anything I say help you with something you had been wondering about? Which outfit is your favorite?


No comments:
Post a Comment