My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Saturday, November 2, 2013

A bad hair day, a last-minute-notice trip, and modern-cowgirl style

Fun blog with lots of modest clothing styles! I seriously need her fashion sense and closet!

Yes, I know that I talked about remaking this ^ outfit on Friday. Well, I did wear my outfit, and took the pictures for it. The problem was, I was notified early Friday morning that I was going to a Ladies Conference two hours away for that night. Let's just say, it was crazy between packing last minute, and doing everything for my outfit, and trying to tame hair that just did not want to do what I wanted it to. ;) 

But, nevertheless, I have the pics for ya'll, and only a day late.

Yay me! ;)






Ok, this outfit just came together amazingly. The high-low skirt is actually an, ahem, strapless dress that I got from Walmart for $5. I got the white tee from Walmart for $2, and the jacket a few years ago from Walmart. The bracelets were gotten from Burlington when I went with a couple of friends a couple of weeks back, for only $4. I got the scarf at Cracker Barrel on sale for $7. And the boots, ya'll, my BOOTS!!!! I love them soooo much! My sweet Daddy got them for me. :) They are so comfortable, and look good with so much. 

Doesn't this outfit seem to fit a modern-cowgirl style? 

Well, I thought so. ;)

Tomorrow we have our big day at my church, our church's 20th year anniversary. Please pray for us, our pastor was in a three car accident earlier today. He's in pain, and I know your prayers for his pain to ease would be greatly appreciated. He is home, but has a very stiff neck. I know him well enough to know that he'll be at church, even if he has to show up in a wheelchair. 

Tomorrow I have a really cute outfit planned, so hopefully I'll be able to get some pics of it. 

Have a great Sunday!

P.S. Don't forget about Daylight Savings Time!!! ;)  

P.P.S. I'm gonna try to organize what I learned from the ladies conference in a post for ya'll. It was reeeeaaally good! 

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love how you made the look your own!

    ~Vicki
    decked out in ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'm sorry to hear about your pastor! I hope the Lord grants him a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete