So how was everyone's weekend?
I spent my Saturday photographing this lovely family.
Aren't they gorgeous?
I'm really enjoying editing the pics from the photoshoot.
Anyways, I've tried a few new things since my last post, so I thought I'd share.

(link)
I tried this makeup remover DIY both Saturday night and Sunday night, and absolutely loved the results. I use it to take off my eye makeup, then scrub some more coconut oil on the rest of my face, and let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse it off. It not only takes mascara off extremely easily, but it also cleans and moisturizes your skin all in one move! The skin on my face used to get dry often, and I was having to put lotion on it every day. But since I've used the coconut oil, I've noticed that my skin isn't getting dry and flaky anymore.
![]() |
| (link) |
I'm also still using baby oil to shave with, and enjoying the results. :)

(link)
Then today, I made this ^. It was super easy to make, although mine didn't turn out quite as perfectly mixed as her's did. I can't wait to try it! I was excited to find stuff I could use used coffee grinds for, because our family drinks a lot of coffee. It kinda justifies the price we pay for it. ;)

(link)
Here's something I'd like to try. It's coconut milk and aloe vera gel shampoo. I think I would try it before the baking soda and ACV shampoo.

Earlier, I had a serious headache that only seemed to be getting worse. I looked up some remedies, but didn't see anything I could do with stuff I have right now. Then, I remembered my dad's old remedy for sinus headaches. I put a piece of strong, minty gum in my mouth, and chewed while breathing through my nose in front of the air conditioner vent. When I opened my mouth to put the gum in, my jaw sounded like popcorn popping! I hadn't realized how tense my jaw had become. After that, my headache lessened a good bit, then the gum took care of the rest of it. Just my little crazy story/tip for the day. ;)
I want to thank Jaime, Ms. Style and Tirzah for their comments on my last natural remedy post. I love to hear what you ladies do for your hair and skin! It gives me an idea of what works and what doesn't. I'm still so new to all of this. Thank you!



No comments:
Post a Comment