My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Blogger Award


Today I was awarded by the amazing Jaime from Diligently Waiting the Elegant Blogger Award (as you probably figured out from the picture above. ^_-). Considering my blog's name is True Elegance, I find it a true honor to receive this award. It shows that this blog is meeting the goals I have for it. So thanks again, Jaime! You're a great blogger, and from what I can see, a wonderful person. :) 


The Rules:


~When you receive the award, link back to keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com and the blog that nominated you

~Display the award button in the post

~Answer all of the 12 questions given in this post (do not make your own questions)

~Nominate 8-12 bloggers

~Notify them that they have been awarded

The Questions:

What made you decide to start blogging?

I started blogging first because I love to write, and it was a writing outlet for me. My first blog was Learning Life's Lessons, but I seemed to grow out of it. Now I have this blog, True Elegance, which is a modest fashion and lifestyle blog.

What is your fashion style?

Hmm, I'm afraid that my fashion style cannot be classified in one word. I love trying new (modest) styles and ideas. My current favorite clothing items are tee shirts, dolhman tops, jean skirts, and maxi skirts and dresses. My standard shoes are flip flops in summer and boots in the winter with heels for church services. 

What is something none of your followers know about you?

I still sleep with stuffed animals on my bed. (Shhh! Don't tell anybody!) 


What are some of your blogging goals?

Be an encouragement to ladies young and old, from Louisiana to the ends of the earth, to dress not only modestly, but femininely also. I try to accomplish this goal by showing outfit ideas from Pinterest or my own wardrobe, sharing Bible studies I do that especially concern ladies, and giving ideas on where to find modest, cute, and affordable clothing. 

What is your favorite place to shop?

Thrift stores and online.

What would your ideal number of blog followers be?

Maybe 100?  I'm not really interested in having a super popular blog, but I wouldn't mind some more followers. =)

What are your talents?

Singing, cooking, sewing, being organized, etc. ;) 

Are you a leader or a follower?

I've always been more of a follower, but it seems like the Lord is constantly placing me in leadership positions. 

What is one of your favorite quotes?

"The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only....to support the ultimate career." C.S. Lewis

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..." Disney

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

"I believe in the sun, even when it's not shining. I believe in love, even when I'm alone. I believe in God, even when He is silent." Quote found in a concentration camp

(Yes, I know that was more than one quote. ^_-) 

Do you have a favorite book or book series?

My Bible, Sherlock Holmes mysteries, the Hunger Games Trilogy, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, and many, many more.

Out of all the synonyms for elegant, what would you describe yourself with (smart, stylish, dressy, graceful, dainty)?

Well, I guess I'm smart sometimes, stylish sometimes, dressy sometimes, but graceful and dainty? NEVER!!!!!!! 

What is your favorite flower?

Crimson roses, Poinsettias, Magnolias, and weeds. ;) 

(Does anyone notice the trend in my answers? I can't simply give one answer. ^_-) 

Hmm, so now who shall I award.....

Who I award:









Well, I still have lots that need to be accomplished tonight, so I'd better go. 


How has your week been going? 


2 comments:

  1. thanks for awarding me! I loved learning more about you from reading your answers! and shhh...I still sleep with my stuffed animals on my bed too. :)

    ~Vicki
    decked out in ruffles

    ReplyDelete