Since I wrote that post yesterday about resolutions, I've been doing a lot of thinking. Especially about my 7th resolution about my jewelry business. I believe I'm going to go ahead with the fall sale, and try to sell all my old stock at once. It will take some work, including repricing my jewelry, making as much jewelry as possible, and figuring out how to make the flyer look and print out about a hundred of them. I'm praying it will go well, and that I'll sell it all. You see, I haven't sold any jewelry in quite a while, and I'm afraid that's my fault. I'm just not a salesperson. I was going to take the money from the sale, and start fresh with new stock, but now I'm having second thoughts. Why make new stock when I have no drive to build my business? When it takes everything out of me to ask someone if they'd like to see my jewelry, and feel as though I'm bothering them? I just wasn't cut out for this.
So, I've been thinking of other things I'd like to invest the sale money into. Other projects either already in my life, or things I'd like to try. Here are the three places I'm thinking of investing my money into.
Photography
Photography equipment is so expensive, so I don't know if I'll make enough money from the sale to really invest into this area. There's a few small things that I'd like to get, hand held light reflectors, a battery grip, extra batteries, filters, that sort of thing. So I'm still keeping this in mind.
Metal stamping
I've been interested in metal jewelry stamping for quite a while now. I found this website with a good starter kit that I'd like to get. I might get enough from the sale to get into this, so this is another option.
Essential oils
I've been doing a lot of research on natural remedies and recipes for the home. Natural face wash, shampoo, teeth whitener, medicine, and cleaning supplies. I used to have no interest in this whatsoever, but one day I don't know, I was just curious. And that curiosity has bloomed from there. I've now made my own face wash, teeth whitener, hair mask, and laundry detergent. There's plenty more recipes I'd love to try. One thing that has caught my attention is essential oils. A friend of mine told me about Young Living, and I've been doing research and checking out the products all morning.
Well, I've neglected dishes and grading to write this post, so I better go. But what's your opinion? I would love to hear your thoughts.
Do you have any new interests?
Wow! I'd never even heard of metal stamping until I read this. That's really cool! I like photography, but as of now still use a cheap digital camera until I can save for a good one. I am *very* interested in natural health and beauty! This year I'm doing herbology for my junior year of high school, and have been using natural face wash and toothpaste for some time. I would love if you posted some about what you learn! =)
ReplyDeleteGod bless!
Okay, I know I already commented on this post! But I awarded you at my blog: Diligentlywaiting.blogspot.com. =)
ReplyDelete