summer style 2 by pawpawsgirl92 featuring cotton shirts
Last year I did a post similar to this one. I know it's already mid summer, but I thought I'd share with ya'll some summer outfit ideas anyway.
outfit #1: the nice-casual summer outfit
For years I avoided shirts with words on them because of modesty issues. I passed up many a cute shirt because of it. But my dad said that as long as the words cover a good part of the shirt, and not just across the bust, the shirt should be ok (provided that the words are ok, of course.) So my closet has quickly been filling with cute, comfortable graphic tees. I now have one with a fleur-de-lis in blue and pink that says, "Southern girls got grace", a pink tee with the entire song "Amazing Grace", this year's turquoise camp tee, and a brown tee with an old truck on it that says, "American Classic." No, that last tee isn't exactly feminine, but what can I say? I've been raised by a mechanic to appreciate cars. ;)
Now, graphic tees can usually hold there own, so they don't require much in the way of accessories. I usually wear earrings with them, and if I do wear a necklace, it's a chain with a small charm that goes with the shirt, but doesn't take away from the shirt. The multiple thread friendship bracelets are a cute summer fashion. Also, do something fun with your hair. Something more than a simple ponytail or bun, make it a side pony or a cute, messy top bun. You can stay cool and have your hair up off your neck and still look cute.
outfit #2: the dressy summer outfit
I have become so in love with maxi skirts and dresses. They are sooo comfortable, and can be dressed up or down. A dressy tee to go with your maxi can make a cute, cool outfit to wear to church. And if you're lazy like me in the summer, feel free to switch out those cute heels for comfortable, dressy wedges or sandals.
outfit #3: the super casual summer outfit
I'll say it again, I get lazy when it comes to style in the summer. The Louisiana heat makes me want to wear the coolest, not necessarily stylish outfit possible. But here's a few ways to stay cool, and still be feminine. I mentioned the tees before, and they are truly awesome for summer. This year I got away from the more fitted tees, and started wearing the baggier, thinner tees. I got them in cute, girly colors, but they don't compliment your figure whatsoever. So, I've taken to getting my tees a size bigger, then tying it with a hair tie on the side (as in the third outfit). Note, the look is usually more flattering and more modest when you tie it on the side rather than the middle.
As for shoes, I usually live in flip flops for the summer. Or go barefoot. I tolerate my heels for church, but on the way home I take off my heels and walk barefoot into the house. When I was little, I'd wear tennis shoes all summer long, but now I don't know how I did it. I try to wear my converse in the summer, and within an hour I'm yanking them off. I now have some pink boat shoes that seem a little cooler than tennis shoes, so I wear those sometimes. I'm also starting to appreciate TOMS. Especially the crocheted lace ones. I haven't gotten any yet, but I'd like to in the near future. I just can't decide what color to get.
Now, last week I was at the summer camp I go to every year. And let me tell you, doing your hair is pointless at camp. So, do you know what I did?
I wore this all week.
A hat that proclaimed "Bad Hair Day." It was truly a lifesaver, and I still did a cute side braid or side ponytail to make it more feminine. Plus, it was pink. It seemed to be a great amusement to many people, but hey, that's what I'm here for. ;)
So what are your summer tricks and fashion staples? I'd love to hear them!
Last year I did a post similar to this one. I know it's already mid summer, but I thought I'd share with ya'll some summer outfit ideas anyway.
outfit #1: the nice-casual summer outfit
For years I avoided shirts with words on them because of modesty issues. I passed up many a cute shirt because of it. But my dad said that as long as the words cover a good part of the shirt, and not just across the bust, the shirt should be ok (provided that the words are ok, of course.) So my closet has quickly been filling with cute, comfortable graphic tees. I now have one with a fleur-de-lis in blue and pink that says, "Southern girls got grace", a pink tee with the entire song "Amazing Grace", this year's turquoise camp tee, and a brown tee with an old truck on it that says, "American Classic." No, that last tee isn't exactly feminine, but what can I say? I've been raised by a mechanic to appreciate cars. ;)
Now, graphic tees can usually hold there own, so they don't require much in the way of accessories. I usually wear earrings with them, and if I do wear a necklace, it's a chain with a small charm that goes with the shirt, but doesn't take away from the shirt. The multiple thread friendship bracelets are a cute summer fashion. Also, do something fun with your hair. Something more than a simple ponytail or bun, make it a side pony or a cute, messy top bun. You can stay cool and have your hair up off your neck and still look cute.
outfit #2: the dressy summer outfit
I have become so in love with maxi skirts and dresses. They are sooo comfortable, and can be dressed up or down. A dressy tee to go with your maxi can make a cute, cool outfit to wear to church. And if you're lazy like me in the summer, feel free to switch out those cute heels for comfortable, dressy wedges or sandals.
outfit #3: the super casual summer outfit
I'll say it again, I get lazy when it comes to style in the summer. The Louisiana heat makes me want to wear the coolest, not necessarily stylish outfit possible. But here's a few ways to stay cool, and still be feminine. I mentioned the tees before, and they are truly awesome for summer. This year I got away from the more fitted tees, and started wearing the baggier, thinner tees. I got them in cute, girly colors, but they don't compliment your figure whatsoever. So, I've taken to getting my tees a size bigger, then tying it with a hair tie on the side (as in the third outfit). Note, the look is usually more flattering and more modest when you tie it on the side rather than the middle.
As for shoes, I usually live in flip flops for the summer. Or go barefoot. I tolerate my heels for church, but on the way home I take off my heels and walk barefoot into the house. When I was little, I'd wear tennis shoes all summer long, but now I don't know how I did it. I try to wear my converse in the summer, and within an hour I'm yanking them off. I now have some pink boat shoes that seem a little cooler than tennis shoes, so I wear those sometimes. I'm also starting to appreciate TOMS. Especially the crocheted lace ones. I haven't gotten any yet, but I'd like to in the near future. I just can't decide what color to get.
Now, last week I was at the summer camp I go to every year. And let me tell you, doing your hair is pointless at camp. So, do you know what I did?
I wore this all week.
A hat that proclaimed "Bad Hair Day." It was truly a lifesaver, and I still did a cute side braid or side ponytail to make it more feminine. Plus, it was pink. It seemed to be a great amusement to many people, but hey, that's what I'm here for. ;)
So what are your summer tricks and fashion staples? I'd love to hear them!

Cute outfits! I have those mint green high heels!!!
ReplyDelete