My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

An amazing weekend and shopping finds

(not my picture. I googled it.)

Well, my amazing weekend started on Friday. I got to go shopping and found some cute stuff, before going to my friend's birthday sleepover that night. We had the typical girl sleepover with lots of talking, movies, snacking, and staying up till 4:30AM. On Saturday we all went to a crawfish boil at our church. I had a great time watching my non-Cajun friends find the courage to peel and eat crawfish. I got to not only enjoy the food, but sharing the culture that I love. Sunday we had class, choir, and church, then I went eat with my family at Cracker Barrel for lunch. After lunch, my mom and I went to Cato and found more cute stuff until we had to rush back to get ready for church. After the evening service, we had a College and Career activity with more food, talking, laughing, and singing. I got home after 10PM, and fell asleep with a smile on my face. 

The one downer about the weekend was that my friend Kathryne and her family are moving back to North Carolina. So this was all a last time hang out that we enjoyed, but was bittersweet. 

Now, I'd like to share with ya'll a few of my finds. I'll start with Friday's purchases.






All of these were from Walmart. I was so excited to find the cute chevron maxi skirt. The flip flops perfectly match it. The white shirt looks awesome tied at the bottom. I can't wait to style it. 

It seems to never fail, that when I wear boots to go shopping, I end up buying a pair of shoes. I love my boots, but sometimes the heels become uncomfortable, or they get too hot. I've never really cared for boat shoes, but decided to try them on anyway. They're so comfortable! They're normally not very feminine, but I thought they looked adorable in pink. I'm beginning to get more bright colored shoes. I used to stick with whites, blacks and browns, but the colored shoes are so fun. :) 






Sunday afternoon, I found the two shirts and pair of shoes above. Both shirts are cute, super comfortable, and easy to style with jewelry or a scarf. The shoes were a great find, because I've been looking for some grey dress shoes, and these were $5! It was the only pair, and they were my size. I love them. :) 

You may have noticed that most of the things I got were light and brightly colored. Lately, I've been thinking a lot about my trip to Florida coming up in May. I'm so excited, I keep finding clothes that would be 
"perfect " for Florida. But considering I'll only be there 3 days, I'm gonna have a hard time picking what to wear. ;) 

Have you caught spring fever yet? 

1 comment:

  1. Those boat shoes are adorable! I've been looking for an inexpensive pair in a mint green for my spring wardrobe.(: and that skirt is darling as well! As are all the rest of your findings.(:

    Florida? What fun! Hope you take lots of pictures while you're there!

    ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete