Happy first day of Autumn, everyone!
I'm so glad that my favorite season of the year is here! (Even though it don't really feel like it here in South Louisiana.)
Now, I know bright colors aren't supposed to be Autumn colors, but green is an autumn color so it's ok. :)
I'm so excited over my newest jewelry accomplishment! Wanna see?
What do you think?
I used the tutorial I found here. Now I can't wait to make more, and in different colors! A couple things I learned was to make sure your strips are pretty thin, and long enough.
Now, on to a few ways I styled it!
![]() |
| This was my outfit from Thursday night. I was afraid it would be too much brights between the green and orange, but I think the outfit looks well together. |
![]() |
| I made a simple matching bracelet that can be worn with other bracelets or alone. |
The clasp came out really well.
Then, this was today's outfit.
![]() |
| white shirt~had forever/green shirt~borrowed from Mom/jean skirt~thrifted, refashioned/golden flipflops~Payless/jewelry~made by me. |
![]() |
| by the way, vertical lines are slimming, and so is layering. |
You might be able to tell that I had a different location for my outfit pics today. Next time I need to take them earlier, because the sun was shining right into the lens, and made the pictures dark and my skin look blotchy. I didn't realize until after I came inside. I'm still not a model, and have a real problem with posing. I used my tripod and my camera's timer, so I was also running back and forth. :)
Then today, I was asked to make some necklaces for a friend's daughter's bridesmaids. I've never made this style before, so today I tried for the first time. This one took me about 5 minutes without pliers and was my first try.
(picture taken with my phone)
It's not too bad for a first try. I went to Hobby Lobby and found and priced the supplies. I found some wire I think will work, but I'll welcome any suggestions if any of ya'll have some.
Well, our first week of school has gone well, and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's a lot more involved for me than the other curriculum was, and I love teaching Rachel's Bible class. I had been missing teaching Sunday School, so it's really fun for me. :)
So what do you think of the necklace? What other colors would you like to see it in? How did you spend your first day of autumn?














I love the necklace--especially how the middle part looks sort of like a Celtic knot.(: and it looks really cute with your second outfit especially!
ReplyDeleteThe wire necklace looks pretty good! I would perhaps suggest a bit thicker wire, but that would just be my own personal preference.(; if I still had the package, I'd be bale to tell you the gauge of my wire, but I recently threw it out! :P it may be 32...
Hope you're having a lovely weekend!
~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com