My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

YES! It finally came in!

Let's just say, I'm not very patient when waiting for something to come in the mail.

This time was no different. 

I've been expecting this lens since I got the notice that it was being shipped on Monday. I watched the tracking number, checking to see if any progress had been updated, which it hadn't. It still said processed in Brooklyn, New York, on Monday. This morning as I was checking my email, I thought to go check the tracking number. I looked at the tracking info, and it said processed in the Duson post office at seven o'clock this morning! It was now 11AM, so I knew the mail had passed. And it was pouring down raining! I was so afraid that the seller hadn't packed it properly, and it was getting destroyed in the mail box. So I grabbed, an umbrella, and ran down the road (in flip flops...on wet cement...) to the mail box. Thankfully, he had wrapped plastic around the card board box, and he had packaged it very well. I nearly ran back home, grinning from ear to ear at the little box. I ripped the box open (which was pretty hard....he packed it VERY well) and smiled at my new little lens. I declared it beautiful, put it on my camera, and promptly took a picture. 

This is the old lens. I was so delighted by the Depth-of-field on this lovely little lens! Though "zooming with my feet" will take some getting used to. It does tons better in low light then my old lens. 

I've never been able to take clear pictures in the living room with the light on. They always come out blurry. But even though I know Rachel was moving in this picture, it still came out pretty good. 

I ran outside to get this pic. I love the depth and clearness of the clouds. 

Rachel through the glass door. 

The lovely "Miss Brooklyn" herself. I decided to name her Brooklyn, because that's where she came from.

I'm so thankful for this next step in my photography. I'm also working on business cards, so I'd appreciate your prayers for my patience working on that. I keep messing it up. I'm also working on a couple of new business ideas, so be ready to hear more about those soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment