Many people in my state, Louisiana, are right now preparing for Hurricane Isaac. It's been 7 years to the week since Hurricane Katrina that destroyed New Orleans. While this hurricane is no where near the strength of Katrina, a lot of people are scared. Thankfully, I live in a parish just far enough north, that the hurricane will just be a tropical storm by the time it hits us. See, a hurricane builds strength as long as it's in the water, but by the time it hits lands it begins to weaken as it travels northward until it's just a rain storm. I am concerned for my friends that live farther south, and friends in Mississippi. So do please pray for the safety of thousands of people and their homes through this storm. A hurricane not only brings high winds, but also flooding and tornadoes in it's wake.
However, I'm rather excited. Hurricanes also bring cooler, drier weather, and I've always enjoyed sitting on the porch and feeling the power of the winds during a hurricane. Yes, that may sound crazy. ;) But I was brought up to respect, but also to enjoy feeling a miniscule part of God's amazing power, and trusting that He'll keep us safe. Really ya'll, feeling that powerful wind swirl around you takes your breath away.
Right now, I'm looking out the window at bright blue skies with wispy white clouds, and feeling low humidity with a wonderful cool breeze. We already picked up everything out of our yard that can fly, and I'm hoping to see our neighbors doing the same thing soon.
So anyways do pray for the safety of Louisiana and Mississippi residents. I should be posting more regularly soon, after the hurricane and pictured editing.
Lastly, let me share this beautiful picture of a sunset in the eye of the hurricane.
(the eye is the dark center. It's perfectly calm as the eye passes over, before the other side of the hurricane hits. That's usually the most eery part of a hurricane.)
Lastly, let me share this beautiful picture of a sunset in the eye of the hurricane.
(the eye is the dark center. It's perfectly calm as the eye passes over, before the other side of the hurricane hits. That's usually the most eery part of a hurricane.)
No comments:
Post a Comment