My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Monday, June 11, 2012

2nd Sunset stroll~ A glimpse of where I live

I've always thought that my neighborhood wasn't pretty enough to take pictures of. 

I mean, it's a trailer park! 

But after the rain, when I took my second sunset stroll, I tried to look at my neighborhood through different eyes, and was amazed by what I saw.

me in the reflection of our suburban. 

lovely clouds in the puddles reflection. First time ever trying this.

 the back road that barely anyone uses, that I love to walk on. :)

....and this is my street. You know, I've heard comments like "trailer park trash" and mean things like that. But if people only knew. In my neighborhood, almost everyone knows each other. They watch each others kids. Soon after we moved here, our car wouldn't start on a Sunday morning. Our neighbor walked over with a jumper cable, and without even being asked, jump started our car for us so we weren't late for church. We have 5 policemen that live in our trailer park, and we live across from a sheriff. The people are kind, and wave when you pass. And you call these people trailer park trash? I'm so thankful for a neighborhood of people that are still willing to help out a neighbor, sit on their porches watching the sun set, and take the time to take a leisurely walk. 

So my neighborhood may not have perfect lawns or be "high-class" people, but I'm thankful for what they are. Real people. 

Ok, so enough ranting. 

Here's some more sunset pics I took.

an interesting reflection

grass under water

majestic clouds

a sparrow on a phone pole

sunset :)

caught a bird mid flight over the pond. :)

sun reflections

the darkness falling

and the path up to my house. "Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home."

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are amazing! I love the photos of the clouds! Your neighborhood is beautiful!(:

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete