
At this time next Friday I'll be on a plane from Houston to Philadelphia. I was thinking about it last night, how much I've been able to travel in the past three years.
I photographed a wedding in Florida in 2012, my first time ever to Florida.
I shot a family reunion in Texas last April.
I went on a vacation with two of my closest friends to Florida last May.
I went again to Florida in November with my family to some friend's house for Thanksgiving/ vacation.
And now?
I'm getting ready to fly for the first time (not counting the little Cessna plane and my flight to California when I was two which I can't remember), seeing parts of New England for the first time, shooting my friend's wedding in Pennsylvania, then driving back through more states I've never been to before and stopping in Maryland, North Carolina, and Alabama.
Wow!
Besides photography and making jewelry and a little side cleaning job, I don't have an actual place of employment. And the little things I do don't make much money. Which shows me that my heart's desire of traveling to new places in my teen years is being fulfilled by my dear Heavenly Father. Once again, He's taking my dreams and making them a reality.
Psalms 37:4-5 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

There's very few things that make my heart race faster than the possibility of seeing new places and having a new adventure.
As I mentioned before, I dreamed of travel in my teen years. I even planned out a dream trip, including Rome, Paris, London, Scotland, Nova Scotia, and ending with the Statue of Liberty. Of course, I know that a trip like that would take thousands of dollars, and considering I don't plan on marrying a millionaire it will probably never happen. But it was so fun to plan and just dream.

I'm so thankful for this time in my life. Even though being single can be hard, it gives me the opportunity to experience new things and places and try to be a help to others. To grow closer to my family every day, and try to be the best example I can to my younger siblings who are always watching me. If I were in a relationship at this moment, I know that most of my thoughts would be on him, and our relationship. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that, it's just not what season of life I'm in at the moment. I'm in the happily single stage, until I get to the relationship stage that will be with me for the rest of my life. I'm thankful and content in the season I'm in until the Lord believes I'm ready for the next season.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
I just wanted to share with ya'll some thoughts and blessings in my life. Have you realized or thought of how God's been blessing your life lately?
What awesome opportunities you've had Kristen! Thanks for sharing about your learning to trust in Him. That verse is one of my favorites!! Lately, God has been blessing me by giving me chances to minister to other believers, including those going through the same struggles I've had.
ReplyDelete