Woah. I NEVER thought I would feel this way.
Happily single?
Give me a break!
I was the girl who wanted to get married at 18 and live happily ever after. I mean, what else is there to do, right?
Well, here's the news flash.
I am now 20 years old.
According to one blogger, that's older then dirt. ;)
So as you can guess, these last two years have been a struggle for me. I'd pray for the Lord to send the right one, then always be on the watch for him. Is he the one? Is that guy the one? What if it turns out to be him? I could go on and on. I'm in total agreement that we should be waiting for the right one. But always having that on your mind can cause you to miss these precious years of singleness. Once again, I never thought I'd have this point of view. I still am excited about the day I begin courtship. But until then, I'm going to have to pray for God to put some blinders on my way-too-curious mind, and make me oblivious. It's a prayer I honestly never wanted to pray, but I'm sick of this. I'm sick of the disappointments, and the worry. I don't NEED this!
I'm going to work on my photography, make jewelry, write encouraging notes to people, play with my siblings, learn from life, enjoy the cool breeze, host giveaways and give exciting posts on my blog, read good books, enjoy grading papers, practice my piano, sing, put together cute creative outfits, and ENJOY BEING SINGLE!!!!!
See ^this gal?^ yeah, the one in the picture.
She's gonna quit worrying. Quit being disappointed. Quit wasting time. Quit taking her life out of God's hands and trying to make things happen on her own. She's gonna trust God with her heart until He brings along THEE guy He wants her to give it to, and she's gonna ENJOY LIFE!!!!!!!!
Now who's with me?!
I'm definitely with you! I also thought I would get married at eighteen, or you know, be engaged at least, and now I'm almost nineteen. :P I'm going to continue praying for God to send the right guy my way, but I'm also going to focus on living and enjoying my life, and let God decide when the time is right.(:
ReplyDelete~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com
I'm glad Vicki! I've heard other girls that prayed for the Lord to keep them oblivious. I never wanted to do it, because I wanted to see it coming. But as an emotional woman, I tend to get ahead of myself and God, which only leads to heartbreak. So I believe this is the best way, at least for me, even though it took me a while in the school of hard knocks to learn it. ;)
ReplyDelete