My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Havin' fun

That title was the best way I could sum up my past few days. 

First of all, I am now at 14,704 words for my book! I wrote nearly 4,000 words in two days, and I'm so excited with how it's turning out. I know I have a long way to go, my goal length for the book is 60,000-70,000 words. But I'm making progress! 

I'm also planning on some more character introductions, now that I've found the perfect pictures for most of my characters. And of course, I'm still going to add an excerpt from the book. :) 

I had all these plans to get a lot of work done on my book yesterday. But I just wanted to check something online first. Yep. You can guess what happened. I ended up on Pinterest.  Then I wanted to try something. And once I get an idea in my head, I HAVE to do it, or else I won't get anything accomplished.

So first, I started off with this.

I wanted to make a crop top, but I ignored the tutorials instructions about getting a larger size then you normally wear. This was an old shirt of mine that fit me, but due to my lack of following instructions, I messed up the shirt.

So, I decided it was time to raid my dad's dresser. ;)


Don't worry, I did call and ask him if I could have the shirt BEFORE I started cutting. ;)


(Please ignore the rest of me. When my mind is on a project, I have a one track mind.)


While I was wearing it, I measured where I wanted to cut it, at my waist, neckline, and sleeves. It's much more feminine now then a regular t-shirt, is super comfortable, and modest. Plus, I can style it tons of different ways with different undershirts. But then, I tried something else.

I made this from the two circles I cut off the sleeves. I made the flower into a pin, so I can pin it on this shirt or my jean jacket or another shirt. Also, I can take it off to wash the shirt so the flower doesn't get messed up.

This is how the shirt looks with it.


And voila! Instant cute, casual, inexpensive crop top! It's quickly becoming one of my favorite shirts. If you'd like, I can post a tutorial on how to make the flower.

Well, it's (past) lunchtime, so I better go eat. But before I go, I want to share something I found on Pinterest.

 This was the saying that got me started on my book.






 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment