Today has been a rainy day.
I love rainy days.
I always light a candle on rainy days, open my blinds, and watch the rain. I love to feel the power of the wind before a storm. I even like hurricanes, which most people think I'm crazy for. I'm not scared of them, because I know the one who controls them. I have a tendency to play soft music on rainy days. And I either curl up in a blanket with a book, or do a Bible study. Coffee, of course, is a must.
This morning I continued on a subject that I have been studying. Its on husbands. My dad was the one to suggest it to me. He said that so often so much is expected on what the wife is supposed to be, but what exactly does God want the husband to be? It's been an extremely interesting study, and I'm seeing things in a new light. Some of which I never realized before, and much of it I've never heard taught. When I'm finished, I'd like to share some of my findings with ya'll.
For now, I'd like to share a polyvore set that I made today.
I love this red rain/trench coat. The nail polish is called rain splash. And who else loves cute rain boots? I love music, and bubble umbrellas, and I love the fact that you can watch the rain through it. The candle, of course, is something I love on rainy days.
And then, there's the phrase I put. Just like God has control of the storm, He knows what is going on in your life. He knows what the trials and tribulations you're going through are for, and what's coming up next in your life. Rain is used to water the millions of plants that need it. Because of rain, we are able to have fresh water to drink, and therefore live. But how often do we see it as a nuisance? "Man, I can't believe it's raining! I just fixed my hair, and it's gonna be ruined!" We scowl at it's inconvenience, and yet it is necessary for life. So often we scowl at the trials in our lives, and complain to God that everything isn't going just right. But we need those trials to grow. So the next time it rains and you feel like complaining, remember that it's for our good, and thank God for His blessings.

No comments:
Post a Comment