My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

memories and my favorite color

Hello there!

How are ya'll today?

I am enjoying my morning (ok, I know it's almost afternoon. Another great thing about Easter vacation!) I'm sitting at my desk typing this post, listening to Gospel Light Teen choir, smelling my wonderful cinnamon candle burning, and feeling the breeze coming from my open window.

I'm wearing this necklace...

  that was given to me for my 20th birthday. Well, my best friend Megan surprised me with a mall day, and she got me this necklace at Charming Charlie's for a really good price. I love it. Some jewelry is simply to go with an outfit, but some jewelry has meaning to it, you know? Like this necklace reminds me of all the fun we had that day. Plus, it reminds me that even though Meg and I live far apart, She still loves me. That, plus we've sent each other letters, and she's mailed some postcards to me from their vacations, so it has a lot of memories wrapped up in it. And I think the 3 pearls is a good symbol of the fact that we're 3 years apart, and yet I can tell her just about anything.

So now on to today's Polyvore set. I like many colors, but today's color is my favorite.

For the longest time, my favorite color was blue. But over the past few years, I've developed a real adoration for red. It's bold, classic, feminine, and good for any time of the year (in my opinion). A while back, I wrote down an article that listed the personalities of colors. The color red's personality is: warmth, boldness, gaiety, excitement, impatience, joy.

Pretty interesting, huh?

I have the personality of several other colors as well if you'd be interested for me to do a post on them sometime.

Now, to talk about the set. I found a dress similar to this, but it had a 50's style air to it. Sadly, it was a size too small, no matter how I looked at it. So another lady from our church got it. O well. :(

The red heels....*sighs*. Perfection.

Red roses are my favorite flower, so of course I love the earrings. And once again, red nail polish is just...classic. My friend Abby would agree with me on the red converse. And I don't normally care for clutches, but this red satiny clutch with the little silver rhinestone Love on it is just adorable.

So what was your favorite item in this set?

Tonight we're going to church, so I'm going to try to get a few pics of my outfit. It's really cute. :)

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment