My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

O Christmas tree! O Christmas tree!

I. am. so. excited! 
 
Today, we are going get our Christmas tree! 
We haven't gotten a live tree probably since I was 7 years old. 

This is going to be so fun!

This week I planned out activities for the rest of the month. I like spreading out getting ready for Christmas, so it stays fun and keeps you busy. ;)

Yesterday, my mom finished up her Christmas shopping. We had a fun day, hiding in the store with my siblings so they wouldn't see their gifts. We ended it all with some yummy ice cream from McDonald's. 

Last night we watched Captain America for the second time. I think it's my favorite of all the super hero movies they've come out with so far. It was the cleanest (except for the cussing) and my dad said it was the closest to the original story.

I liked how he was "super human" but he kept his humility. He stayed "just a kid from Brooklyn". The crowds could cheer, and hold award ceremonies, but he didn't even go to them. He just did his job. Like the man said, he wasn't a bully, he just cared about justice. He had true compassion, and lots of intelligence. But....despite all that.....

His best friend Bucky remains to be my favorite guy character. :) 

I guess because he took the fact that his best friend went from being a nerd to a war hero, and didn't get jealous. He just got behind his best friend, and supported him. I like that. Plus, he was pretty fierce in battle. ;)

Best buds. :)

Steve's a good guy. :) 

His team is hilarious, fearless, and maybe you could say, a little nuts. ;) 

But you can't help but love them. 

Bucky may have been my favorite guy character, but my over all favorite is definitely Peggy.

She is by no means, a "damsel in distress". She's the gal that takes a guy out with one punch, shoots a moving target two blocks away, and hits it, and falls in love with a guy who can't talk to women. She can handle a gun, her fists, and isn't afraid of danger. 

Her and Steve's romance is pretty hilarious, considering almost all they do is exchange witty banter, and not much romance. 


What's your favorite super hero movie? Who's your favorite character?

2 comments:

  1. I'm am right with you on this! I love, love, love Captain America! And wonderfully clean (minus the swearing of course) (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Janae. ;) Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete