My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dreams.....

Since I was young, I've always been a curious person. 

I love mysteries. 

I love history.

I even love different items with history to them.

I always wonder....who has touched this item? What were they thinking? What kind of life did they lead? Were they rich or poor? Were they dreamy and curious like me? Or were they more serious, and always performed what was their duty?

I know, it may sound silly to you. 

I have a desk (that I'm actually typing this post on) that is probably 100 years old. And I just can't help but wonder. What letters were written on this desk? Were they written from a lonely girl to her soldier fiance somewhere fighting in a war? Did she cry over the letter? Did she look out the window of a Victorian estate and wish to see her beloved walking towards the house? 

I'm really showing my innermost thoughts here. I've grown up fast, and was always expected to think logically. But the truth is, on the inside, I'm a dreamer. 

Not many minutes go by, even though my hands are busy, that my mind is not at work on some fantasy, that could be real, but will probably never come true.

Don't think I'm sad or discouraged by any means. 

For really, what would there be to look forward to in this life without dreams? 

One of my fondest dreams is a world tour, to some places I've read about.

Would you like to know what they are?

1. Paris


How many times, especially over the past year, have I longed to stand in the position this photographer stood? To look up at the regal, Eiffel Tower with my own eyes?

2. Rome


Rome is one of the places with the richest history. I know it at one time was a place of Christian persecution, but still I'd love to see this history rich city one day in my lifetime.

3. Scotland

*sighs* to see the ancient castles of Scotland! To actually enter one of the enormous dwellings of long ago. *sighs again.* 


4. New York 


And of course, what world tour could an American take without seeing Lady Liberty herself? 


This great symbol of American history should be admired by every patriotic American. Because as the song says, "as the statue liberates the citizen, so the cross liberates the soul. The cross is my statue of liberty."

For those of you who may be new to my blog, don't forget about the giveaway I'm sponsoring on Bramblewood Fashion

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment